Question Solix Depth/SI/DI issue idling

Installed a Solix 10 in August and has worked normally until now. Operating a single transducer- while idling I'm seeing an erroneous depth(approximately 50-500ft), the SI and DI views are available but do not show a "normal" SI/DI picture. Picture it provides, I believe is related to the erroneous depth, is as if your in 2 ft of water. I can accelerate the boat to 4.5+ MPH and can obtain a normal depth reading, SI and DI picture. Any ideas?

Have reset factory defaults, removed and re-installed all connectors but could not resolve the problem. Next step was to download the most current software version but currently only have a Macbook and will have to borrow a PC to do so.

Thanks in advance.

2. Member
    That sounds unusual. Maybe a couple photos. One at idle and another at faster to see one vs the other. Loose transducer?? I can't think of a situation that would cause your conditions? Bob

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    That sounds unusual. Maybe a couple photos. One at idle and another at faster to see one vs the other. Loose transducer?? I can't think of a situation that would cause your conditions? Bob
    Transducer is snug and all connections are tight. That was my 1st guess but checked the transducer when we put it on the trailer. Will be a couple weeks before I can get back on the water. will try the software updates 1st and see what happens.

4. Member
    Solix conclusion- Humminbird shipped a replacement transducer and unfortunately it didn't correct the issue. We came to the conclusion to send the head unit, transducer back for repair which I did on Monday. Friday afternoon- received my repaired unit and hopefully no issues when we put it back in the water. Humminbird repaired a couple keys and the circuit card in 2 days, which is great customer service. The folks that I spoke with on the phone were outstanding!

5. Member
    What release of software did it come back with? Bob

6. Member
    What release of software did it come back with? Bob

7. Member
    Too bad. I was hoping you would have something newer. I have not been able to get out to see if I have any shallow water problems as others have. Will be interested if your slow idle problem was fixed. Bob

8. Member
    Bob- thats the same software version that was loaded on it when I sent it in. Hope that problem is corrected with the service.

Chris

9. Member
    Restored sonar defaults again today before I got on the water and the that corrected my depth issue...it worked flawless for 8 hours

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gunpilot View Post
    Bob- thats the same software version that was loaded on it when I sent it in. Hope that problem is corrected with the service.

Chris
    I remember. Was hoping it would be at 4.0

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ntslam View Post
    Restored sonar defaults again today before I got on the water and the that corrected my depth issue...it worked flawless for 8 hours
    Sounds good. Did you use default all day or restore your settings? Restoring defaults a second time sounds strange getting better results. Bob

12. Member
    Sounds good. Did you use default all day or restore your settings? Restoring defaults a second time sounds strange getting better results. Bob
    I manually entered my previous settings