Thread: Boat covers?

Boat covers?

Need a new boat cover. I have a 2000 Basscat Cougar with Dual Consoles. My current boat cover was alright, but not great. So any manufacturers everyone like, ones to stay away from. I am looking at the Carver Sunbrella, the other is a Shoretek TravelTuff, any thoughts?

Thanks

2. Member
    I have one from national boat covers I am happy with for my puma. I ordered one for a jag so it fits with with seats in and covers the ultrex also. Sunbrella. I can trailer from storage to lake, short slow drive. Would not use it for long interstate trips. Good warranty. Good luck. JD
    2020 BCB Lynx 300 pro xs 4s
    2013 BCB Puma 250 pro xs
    WPS

3. Member
    Aurora Canvas, they have a web-site, seconds on hand!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cbumpilori View Post
    Aurora Canvas, they have a web-site, seconds on hand!
    +1

Sunbrella has a few materials to choose from but in my opinion the only option is the Sunbrella Supreme cover from Aurora Canvas. I havent towed with it yet but others that own the same cover have nothing but positive things to say. For your age of Cougar you probably wont be able to get a strapless cover, but I dont find the few straps needed much of an issue. Another plus to the Sunbrella Supreme material, is the soft flocking that lines it. If you're towing with it, that soft underside flocking wont cause any chaffing on your top cap. It's also a waterproof and breathable fabric unlike many vinyls or Top Gun material.

If you can swing the cost, get the Sunbrella Supreme. Many people dont spring for the Supreme material because of the cost, but you wont be disappointed if you. Also, call Basscat and see if they have any "unclaimed" covers in storage. They might have one already made and that will save you a few more $$

6. Member
    Check the Aurora website also. They have quite a few in stock at a discount https://www.auroracanvas.com/bass-cat

I have a few thousand miles on my strapless low profile Sunbrellas supreme from Aurora for my Cougar. Not a scratch on any gelcoat either. I purchased it through Basscat. It is the best cover I have ever owned. I once had an Aqualon by Aurora. It was good but not the best. If I could not afford the Sunbrella, a low profile Aqualon would be my choice.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s