Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    At the end of the day remember this, anything man-made can and will eventually break. I've owned engines from all 3 of the big engine companies, Merc, Yammy, and Rude and all of them were good engines. The most important two things to consider is warranty, if available, and the tech working on the engine. A few years ago the guy that did the work on my Mercs retired so I switched over to Yamaha. I had a great guy to work on them down where i used to live in Mississippi. I had one evinrude and it was an hell of an engine but did have some issues. At that time there was only one guy in the state of Mississippi that would work on Etecs and when he retired I sold that boat and bought another with a Merc on it.

Good luck in your decision. My 2 cents, they are both damn fine engines and should give you good service.
    Live Hard, Fish Harder!

2. Member
    My 16 sho gets much better gas at work, and where it really shines is at 4k....huge difference at 4k. Prolly 10% ish at wot vs my 14 pro xs. But the pro xs ate oil also. Never again for me. Wish I wouldnt have waited

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12