Thread: Ultrex remote

Ultrex remote

How far away from the boat will it operate. Also has anyone tried the phone App.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175. Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

2. Member
    I have the Link model and haven't tested distance. Too scared to try it off boat from ramp or dock and usually boat traffic is too crazy at ramps on lakes I fish...LOL I only use the phone App for updates which is easy to use. For TM operations, it isn't great in bright sunlight (iPhone version).
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

3. Member
    I have used the phone app a few times just to see it work. I have tested the remote to about 20 yards. Pouring down rain one day, so I got out of boat at my parents dock and moved boat out about 20 yards by remote and spot locked it until rain passed so the rain from roof wouldn't fill boat up.
    2018 Ranger Z185
    Yamaha 150 SHO w/ Tempest 23P
    Ultrex 80 Link
    Helix 10MDI & 12MSI G2N at console
    Helix 10 M+DI G4N w/ M360 and Garmin 93 w/ LiveScope at bow
    Atlas Jackplate
    12' Talons

My thought was that on busy dock days I could just move the boat away from launch area and use spot lock while I park the truck. I didn’t want it to get so far out I loose contact. I guess I could lower the motor in my garage and walk away until I loose contact.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175. Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

5. Member
    Or use a second person in boat to test. Stand at dock and run boat out with remote until it loses signal, then have buddy bring boat back. Should easily give a rough idea of a safe range. I may try this next time I go fishing with a partner.
    2018 Ranger Z185
    Yamaha 150 SHO w/ Tempest 23P
    Ultrex 80 Link
    Helix 10MDI & 12MSI G2N at console
    Helix 10 M+DI G4N w/ M360 and Garmin 93 w/ LiveScope at bow
    Atlas Jackplate
    12' Talons

Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    My thought was that on busy dock days I could just move the boat away from launch area and use spot lock while I park the truck. I didn’t want it to get so far out I loose contact. I guess I could lower the motor in my garage and walk away until I loose contact.
    I use this feature almost exclusively to keep my boat from getting beat up at the dock by boats, wind, etc.. Once I push the anchor button, I'll make sure that the trolling motor locks and holds and I'm on my way to get the vehicle. Remote will lose communication with the trolling motor, but reconnect once you're back within range. As far as I can tell, the remote seems to have a range of a few hundred feet, as I have walked back slowly toward the boat and watched the remote reestablish communication with the Ultrex. Took me a while to trust it, but I (knock on wood) haven't had the first issue yet. Just make sure your rope "T" handle doesn't get under the pedal or the Ultrex won't stay anchored.

7. Banned
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth

Like most technologies the Bluetooth system has evolved and gotten better. The new level is good up to 1000ft
    I am not sure what the Ultrex uses but I don't think it will communicate past 300ft.