Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Question CONSIDERING NEW BOAT LOOKING AT VEXUS HOWEVER

let me start by saying I live in Ohio and unfortunately there is not a Vexus dealer in the area. I really don't understand new boat manufactures that seem to forget about the extremely good boat market up north. We have in our area a Ranger dealer who was first in sales two out of the last three years. We also have a strong presence when it comes to bass and walleye fishing. I would like to suggest to the powers to be at Vexus, GO NORTH YOUNG MAN. We buy a crap load of boats up here.

There in MN?
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    When you launch a new product it can take quite a bit of time to fill early demand and expand nationwide. It does no good to sign up new dealers if you can't provide them product. It took Tesla years to have nationwide distribution (some state laws didn't help) and I am sure Vexus will eventually get there as they don't seem to be aiming for only regional distribution. I live in southern Virginia and I haven't seen any sign of Vexus in my area either.
    2018 Ranger RT188 SC Black/115 hp Yamaha SHO 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - north
    2018 Ranger RT188 DC Black/115 hp Merc Pro XS 4-stroke; Garmin LVS34 - south
    14' Mirrorcraft tin boat (ancient) with a 9.9 Mercury 4-stroke, no electronics; catches fish anyway

I would also bet that Vexus wants to be certain that any outfit that becomes a dealer on their aluminum rigs will also take on the glass line when it becomes available. That requirement may eliminate some marinas who only want the tin line or who don't want/need another line of glass boats.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Probably doesn't make sense to get more dealers until they can start producing around 30 boats a day like the the already established manufacturers.

Hey Mr. Clark, is this public knowledge on how many boats Vexus is releasing for delivery per day?
    Last edited by Grizzly; 12-10-2018 at 06:09 AM.

6. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob from Bama View Post
    let me start by saying I live in Ohio and unfortunately there is not a Vexus dealer in the area. I really don't understand new boat manufactures that seem to forget about the extremely good boat market up north. We have in our area a Ranger dealer who was first in sales two out of the last three years. We also have a strong presence when it comes to bass and walleye fishing. I would like to suggest to the powers to be at Vexus, GO NORTH YOUNG MAN. We buy a crap load of boats up here.
    Closest Dealer to Ohio is " https://www.daysboatsales.com/ "

101 ARROWHEAD CT
    FRANKFORT, KY 40601

7. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Probably doesn't make sense to get more dealers until they can start producing around 30 boats a day like the the already established manufacturers.

Hey Mr. Clark, is this public knowledge on how many boats Vexus is releasing for delivery per day?

Right now we really don't want to discuss production rates - but suffice it to say Demand is far outstripping Production. . .

Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    Closest Dealer to Ohio is " https://www.daysboatsales.com/ "

101 ARROWHEAD CT
    FRANKFORT, KY 40601
    Nice selection and pictures too....

9. Member
    I LIVE IN OHIO AND IT WAS WORTH TAKING THE TRIP TO ARKANSAS AND PICKING THE BOAT UP. YOU WILL GET A PLANT TOUR AND BESIDES IT SAVES YOU MONEY ON SHIPPING AND PREP THAT A NORTHERN DEALER WILL CHARGE. THESE GUYS WILL TREAT YOU WITH GREAT HOSPITALITY.
    Attached Images Attached Images

10. Member
    I bought my VeXus 1980 from a dealer in another state. It has been well worth the time and money I spent flying over to see them and then driving over to pick it up. There is no sign of a VeXus dealership anywhere near me, so I took matters into my own hands. After owning it almost 3 months and fishing it every weekend, I will say I have no regrets. The boats fishes awesome. There have been a few hard core FG boat guys that looked it over and gave it 2 thumbs up. Everyone seems to be very impressed when they come up and check it out. But it doesn’t just look pretty, it fishes great. It’s a FG boat but made out of Alum.
    Last edited by Desertdog619; 12-20-2018 at 09:35 AM.

11. Member
    You can buy direct from the plant and pick it up? Considering what most charge for shipping and dealer prep the cost for gas to drive to get it is worth it

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by swampdog View Post
    I LIVE IN OHIO AND IT WAS WORTH TAKING THE TRIP TO ARKANSAS AND PICKING THE BOAT UP. YOU WILL GET A PLANT TOUR AND BESIDES IT SAVES YOU MONEY ON SHIPPING AND PREP THAT A NORTHERN DEALER WILL CHARGE. THESE GUYS WILL TREAT YOU WITH GREAT HOSPITALITY.
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertdog619 View Post
    I bought my VeXus 1980 from a dealer in another state.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    You can buy direct from the plant and pick it up? Considering what most charge for shipping and dealer prep the cost for gas to drive to get it is worth it
    We don't want to hear the pissing and moaning that goes on when you need service and your local dealer put their customers boats in front of yours and makes you wait... Dan

13. Member
    Won’t happen. My service by a certified mechanic comes to my house to do any warranty or repair work. He’s already been approved by VeXus!!!

I would just make sure whatever motor you put on you have a qualified mechanic close by unless you can't handle fixing simple things on the boat itself. Never had an issue getting my Mercury serviced.

Quote Originally Posted by swampdog View Post
    Sharp setup!

16. Member
    Bought my current boat three hours away, haven’t been back since the day I picked it up, have mercury mechanic here that does all my work.

If there’s a boat manufacturer that produces 30 boats a day, that’s a brand I want nothing to do with. Good boats take time and attention to detail to build...and by the way no manufacturer is producing that many boats other than maybe the a cheap aluminum one.

18. Member
    You better get that in writing, you know that saying what they say & what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by CaryLab View Post
    If there’s a boat manufacturer that produces 30 boats a day, that’s a brand I want nothing to do with. Good boats take time and attention to detail to build...and by the way no manufacturer is producing that many boats other than maybe the a cheap aluminum one.
    Ranger boats in Flippin, Arkansas does....I think they have a pretty good following. This was from 2016, not sure what it is now.

https://onlyinark.com/homegrown/ranger-boats-flippin-arkansas/

The plant remains at its Flippin, Arkansas base where over 1000 workers are employed, and around 30 boats—including Triton and Stratos boats—are made each day. In terms of time, a single boat takes 400-500 man-hours to build, and the plant only uses one robot: an arm that makes precision cuts using high water pressure.Sep 20, 2016

Ranger boats in Flippin, Arkansas does....I think they have a pretty good following. This was from 2016, not sure what it is now.

https://onlyinark.com/homegrown/ranger-boats-flippin-arkansas/

The plant remains at its Flippin, Arkansas base where over 1000 workers are employed, and around 30 boats—including Triton and Stratos boats—are made each day. In terms of time, a single boat takes 400-500 man-hours to build, and the plant only uses one robot: an arm that makes precision cuts using high water pressure.Sep 20, 2016
    You right but realize that encompasses 3 brands and includes the Ranger aluminum series.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast