Thread: Boat wax

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    one more for lucas speed wax

2. Member
    ProTec is the best I have used. It does a great job on any boat. I use Lucas Speed wax in between washes.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zpilot View Post
    Pro-Tec.
    +1
    2018 Z520L , 250 pro xs, ultrex 112 , hds 16 carbon , hds 12 carbon both on bbt mounts. Dual power poles

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FM350V View Post
    ProTec is the best I have used. It does a great job on any boat. I use Lucas Speed wax in between washes.
    +1
    2018 Z520L , 250 pro xs, ultrex 112 , hds 16 carbon , hds 12 carbon both on bbt mounts. Dual power poles

I use T-R3 wax about 3 or 4 times a year, since 07 . I use slick mist before I leave to the lake and again when I pull out of water every time. Always get compliments on how shiny and good the boat looks.
    2001 Ranger 520DVX 225 mercury

HHC 14TH ENGINEERS COMBAT HEAVY
    FT.ORD ,CA
    US ARMY

6. Member
    [QUOTE=MichaelJ3;9862160]I like StarBrite w/ PTEF, seems to last a long time on my hull. Got about 6months of beading out of it.

I too have an all black Ranger w/merc, I've used vinegar and water, pre-wash, slick 50 mist after use, waxed with every recommended wax on the market, but still couldn't get rid of the water spots, this has eventually been a problem on all my boats just more pronounced and earlier on the black. Driving me nuts so tried maquires marine cleaner, completely took all the water spots off. Tried it on the motor, water line on the mid section took a few tries, but all white residue came off. Then used the Starbrite Metalflake teflon polish on the metalflake areas, and the regular starbrite teflon polish on the flat gelcoated and motor. That was 6 months ago, and water still beading, even below the waterline. When I rinse it off and wipe it down, still no waterspots, motor has stayed clean as well.
    Used the starbrite for several years with great results, never should have tried anything different, but that's what happens when you believe the internet:)

7. Member
    You guys that recommended Pro-Tec were on the money! Just did half the boat. The side with Protec, I can see the metal flake from as far away as 8 feet. The unwaxed side, I cannot! It has made my boat look like it just came out of the mold! That's what I was looking for! Thanks!
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12