Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. Member
    Also on my sc1000 gauge I went in and added fuel pressure on the screen so I can monitor it now

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam378 View Post
    Also on my sc1000 gauge I went in and added fuel pressure on the screen so I can monitor it now
    While it’s true the SC 1000 can display fuel pressure, it can only do that if the PCM is putting that value out, and unfortunately, only select Mercury Racing sterndrives and the Verado 350 SCi outboard will display fuel pressure because they’re the only engines with a fuel pressure sensor on them.

All other engines have to have the fuel system Schrader valve connected to a remote gauge to read fuel pressure manually.

I’m glad you finally got your issue resolved.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jbfishhhhh View Post
    Apreciate the update...mine goes in today for the same issue
    While you may feel that yours seemed to be acting the same, it's not very likely that it's the "same issue". This is why the Announcements require only one engine per thread (if you need assistance, feel free to open a separate thread for your engine).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HydroSkreamin View Post
    While it’s true the SC 1000 can display fuel pressure, it can only do that if the PCM is putting that value out, and unfortunately, only select Mercury Racing sterndrives and the Verado 350 SCi outboard will display fuel pressure because they’re the only engines with a fuel pressure sensor on them.

All other engines have to have the fuel system Schrader valve connected to a remote gauge to read fuel pressure manually.

I’m glad you finally got your issue resolved.
    Thanks- great info (and spot on).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Member
    Well took it out today and ran it hard and it’s back to doing the same thing , they can have this pos lemon!

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If that's the case, it's quite likely that the low fuel pressure was a fuel SUPPLY problem (several have suggested that possibility).

Given your location- you might want to look up the one here that offered some hands-on assistance.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    If that's the case, it's quite likely that the low fuel pressure was a fuel SUPPLY problem (several have suggested that possibility).

Given your location- you might want to look up the one here that offered some hands-on assistance.
    I can’t surrender a boat for another 2 months to be a tester for everyone else and why hasn’t it done that since new not after 30 hours or so

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Sam- take a breath, just trying to help you. Nobody here is suggesting you drop your boat off somewhere for 60 days.

Something as simple as a restricted filter, strainer, pickup, or other fuel line restriction.

Hopefully you'll find a solution soon.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Sam- take a breath, just trying to help you. Nobody here is suggesting you drop your boat off somewhere for 60 days.

Something as simple as a restricted filter, strainer, pickup, or other fuel line restriction.

Hopefully you'll find a solution soon.
    Well I know this as I was driving and it was cutting out the alarm start sounding so I come to a stop and it stops so I give it gas and it does nothing I’m forward or reverses, like it was in guardian mode, so I killed motor and started it back up and it goes like nothing happened, until it started cutting out again, I’ve lost all confidence in this motor something is seriously wrong with it, brand new rig and this is the case, how can I feel this motor will last me like my 2 stroke did. I’m calling mercury Monday and gonna tell them they can swap this thing out for another

10. Member
    The Alarm sounding actually could help pinpoint the problem, was it a solid tone or beeping? very strange since the previous trip no problems?....Like others have said Dealer needs to lake test on 6 gallon tank, the BOAT needs to be eliminated. I wonder if since you were slightly low on fuel presure if its actually a problem with the electrical to the fuel pump, like a bad or weak ground.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vicsservice View Post
    The Alarm sounding actually could help pinpoint the problem, was it a solid tone or beeping? very strange since the previous trip no problems?....Like others have said Dealer needs to lake test on 6 gallon tank, the BOAT needs to be eliminated. I wonder if since you were slightly low on fuel presure if its actually a problem with the electrical to the fuel pump, like a bad or weak ground.
    This morning at first it ran great , fished a little while then ran to another spot, as I was going I hit some light chop and it started again so I said maybe loose wire but then I got to calm water and the rest of the day it continued to do it, actually I think it’s bogging down worse then when they put the new supposivly pumps on

12. Member
    Have they ruled out the battery? What battery are you using?
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by leonreno View Post
    Have they ruled out the battery? What battery are you using?
    Battery is fine it’s a deka 31 agm, I watch the volts on my units all day and they always stay above 12 volts. Just for the record this is a 2019 Phoenix bought new mid September

14. Member
    The mechanic told me he ruled out the boat when he worked on it, told me two fuel pumps, fuel cooler and pressure regulator went on the motor, I would imagine that mercury wouldn’t have sent all them parts without knowing it could’ve been it. I’m sure that is a lot of money in parts and I’m sure they questioned what was all diagnosed before they just send new fuel pumps and stuff. I’m so up in the air right now I just want something that works especially a brand new boat that has been in shop more then the water

15. Member
    This morning at first it ran great , fished a little while then ran to another spot, as I was going I hit some light chop and it started again so I said maybe loose wire but then I got to calm water and the rest of the day it continued to do it, actually I think it’s bogging down worse then when they put the new supposivly pumps on
    I also watch battery volt supply and it’s always charging 13.8 or so when I’m running

Check the fuel line where it turns behind the driver seat to head rearward down the gunnel. Easy to kink there and it could explain your issue.

Just have to remove the cap on the front of the rear deck to access the tank and line, takes less than 10 min
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J Risco View Post
    Check the fuel line where it turns behind the driver seat to head rearward down the gunnel. Easy to kink there and it could explain your issue.

Just have to remove the cap on the front of the rear deck to access the tank and line, takes less than 10 min
    I wouldn’t know how to take that off if I tried, i have no clue what I’m looking for

This gives me flashbacks and an upset stomach all caused by a 2 stroke that was just "one of those deals". Mercury put close to $10K in that thing. It's all about the guy working on it. I finally took it to Don which was an 8 hour round trip for me and he figured it out. Look up the guy on this thread that was offering to get you in quick. He now has a good head start on your problems and I will bet he will make it a personal challenge to get it running right quick.
    I feel your pain brother!
    Well took it out today and ran it hard and it’s back to doing the same thing , they can have this pos lemon!

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

Looks like he is 45 minutes away from you....I would have this motor in his lap early next week
    Quote Originally Posted by davidwademarine View Post
    Scottw - I would suggest finding a dealer with more Verado experience. Just throwing parts at it won’t solve anything without proper diagnostics.

Sam378 - Not sure where you’re at in Louisiana, but we’re in Baton Rouge if that’s not too far and can help you out in any way.

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton19x2 View Post
    This gives me flashbacks and an upset stomach all caused by a 2 stroke that was just "one of those deals". Mercury put close to $10K in that thing. It's all about the guy working on it. I finally took it to Don which was an 8 hour round trip for me and he figured it out. Look up the guy on this thread that was offering to get you in quick. He now has a good head start on your problems and I will bet he will make it a personal challenge to get it running right quick.
    I feel your pain brother!
    I will call him Monday ,I took it to the guy that had it last because mercury suggested them because he was in my area, obviously it’s not fixed and I don’t understand why mercury would allow that amount of parts $ to go into this brand new motor without investigating it thoroughly, this new motor is supposed to be their baby and I feel like I’m the only one in the country having problems, I was fishing today and a guy on his pier asked me how I like that new mercury and I pretty much told him how I felt about it and what it’s doing, don’t think he will be running out and buying one any time soon, and my buddy that was out on the water with me today who is in a 2018 rig pretty much said he has droughts also, this is something you would think mercury would’ve been all over like butter!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast