MotorMate Or Motor toter

Wandering what everyone is using, and or recommends for trailering. I know Xpress comes from the factory with a standard motor to trailer style "motor toter", but how many people are using the MotorMate style supports. Advantages/Disadvantages? Just about all glass rigs now that i see at any ramp are now using the motormate style supports.

2018 X-19 175SHO 10in Jackplate

2. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    Motor is bolted to boat, boat is strapped to trailer, so a motor mate style makes more sense to me. Less chance of one going one way while the other goes a different way, like when you make an unplanned stop (hit a non moving object) or slam on brakes, boat slides forward motor doesn't. That's just my way of looking at it, I'm sure others will have differing opinions.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

3. Member
    After my dealer tilted my brand new motor soo tight into the Motor Toter that it ripped the rubber off of the cushioned protective part of the device and knocked the paint off of the foot, I opted for a MotorMate. At the very least, it is smaller and easier to store when boat is not on the trailer. I drove off shaking my head, but that alone basically summed up my experience with my Xpress Dealer.
    2018 X19 Pro
    2018 Mercury 150 ProXS
    10" Hydraulic Atlas
    Helix 9 SI
    Helix 7
    Minn Kota 80# Fortrex

I like my MotorMate. The motor feels more secure and it’s more convenient to use. I’ve used other style transom savers on other boats over the years and never had an issue with any, but since having the motormate I’ll probably always have one now.