250 proxs pulse pump fuel fitting thread sealant

Hi guys,

anyone know what the recommended thread sealant is for the plastic fuel fitting threads to the pulse pump housing? Every sealer I can find is either for metal to metal fittings or is not fuel resistant...can’t seem to find anything made for plastic that is fuel resistant.

thanks
    Brian

2. Member
    I've used Loctite 567, without any issues.

3. Member
    Thanks...odd that loctite specifies that it is not meant for plastic hoses. Any others out there?

Savage gave you good sound advice, there is no product that is any better for what you asked about, you asked about sealant for a plastic fitting into a metal housing, not about sealing plastic hoses
    Thank You Leon Pugh

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Please review the Forum Announcements and ALWAYS include the Required Info with your posts. Thanks!

PTFE thread paste is perfectly suitable for this application.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor