Thread: Heisman Winner

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Even though Murray deserved it I'm afraid the Alabama D will be coming after him in the playoff game

2. Member
    Now he just has to decide between NFL and MLB.

Congratulations to Murray.

4. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krindgen View Post
    I was happy to see him there with a mother AND father.
    freakin seriously man?,,,,,,,,,,,,
    what about him makes you question he wouldn't?

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

Quote Originally Posted by flyingwillie View Post
    Now he just has to decide between NFL and MLB.
    MLB would hard to pass up. In the NFL the Heisman can be the kiss of death for a QB.

Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    freakin seriously man?,,,,,,,,,,,,
    what about him makes you question he wouldn't?
    I don't believe he meant that against Murray. In years past there have winners without a father in their life, raised by only their mom.

7. Member
    I have not been watching the pregame and CF analysts shows this year. I legit had to google his name to even see who he was. I now remember hearing his name while watching a few that OK games this year. Probably watched them play several halves this year. I remember that he looked pretty good but did not stand out all that much but the sample I seen was obviously small.

They are all good quarterbacks but I think the numbers were skewed. I was reading an article the other day that got me thinking. It talked about how OU only played 3 defenses that were in the top 50 all year long and TT only played once in the 4th quarter all year and 6 of the defenses he played were very good. TT suffered because he was on a great team. I figure Murray will struggle against the Bama defense becusse he hasn’t seen anything like it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSexyPhoenix View Post
    They are all good quarterbacks but I think the numbers were skewed. I was reading an article the other day that got me thinking. It talked about how OU only played 3 defenses that were in the top 50 all year long and TT only played once in the 4th quarter all year and 6 of the defenses he played were very good. TT suffered because he was on a great team. I figure Murray will struggle against the Bama defense becusse he hasn’t seen anything like it.
    I got in trouble on here for talking nonsense like that...you're wading into murky waters ol buddy...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

Quote Originally Posted by mrlawler1 View Post
    I got in trouble on here for talking nonsense like that...you're wading into murky waters ol buddy...
    Hell, I’m a Hog fan. We are so bad, wading into muddy waters would be a step up.

Hell, I’m a Hog fan. We are so bad, wading into muddy waters would be a step up.
    All this rain we've been getting, it's all muddy water around here..

Jonathan Hillstrand

12. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlawler1 View Post
    that's because it WAS nonsense and i proved that remember?

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....=1#post9856806

they both played sucking defenses..
    bottom line is Kyler won it down the stretch... it was a hell of a race though, 2 damn good players.
    time to quit making shit up as to why Murray got a gift...

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

bottom line is Kyler won it down the stretch... it was a hell of a race though, 2 damn good players.
    Ok, for arguments sake, if Murray had not played in the 4th quarter of any game but one, would he still have won the Heisman. The numbers were skewed by the fact that he had 11 more quarters all year to throw the ball than TT did.

14. Member
    OU can beat Alabama, and it makes no sense to spend 75 million dollars to renovate a stadium that after 4 games doesn't fill up and them team can't win 5 games, The Hogs need BIG help

15. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Ok, for arguments sake, if Murray had not played in the 4th quarter of any game but one, would he still have won the Heisman. The numbers were skewed by the fact that he had 11 more quarters all year to throw the ball than TT did.
    yes,,, the comparison isn't done solely with numbers of quarters, numbers of completions or any other single "numbers". they compile averages and percentages and develop ratings etc.. those averages, percentages and ratings come regardless if a guy plays 3 or 4 quarters.. 75 of 100 is 75% just as 750 of 1000. Tua didn't get docked for number of passes thrown or quarters played.
    Tua had a couple off games coming down the stretch and Kyler shined bright. That was the clincher..

16. Member
    Tua had a couple off games coming down the stretch and Kyler shined bright. That was the clincher..
    Greg
    Edgewater 245CC

See...told you...he has his article...I had mine..its a pointless argument...I am happy that Kyler won.

Jonathan Hillstrand

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet 250 View Post
    OU can beat Alabama, and it makes no sense to spend 75 million dollars to renovate a stadium that after 4 games doesn't fill up and them team can't win 5 games, The Hogs need BIG help
    I don’t think they were filing it when they decided to expand. I know they have priced me out of going even if they were good. I can watch from home for free and not have to deal with the people.

19. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    Tungaloopa struggled when he finally faced a good defense that was able to get pressure on him. He became real so to speak. Not knocking him but neither one of them faced the greatest of defenses all year. I think Murray will struggle against the turds also.
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12