Ride anything else during the winter?

How many on here, ( Soufers keep the warm climate comments to yourself ), Do some snowmobiling during the winter? I rode for years and also worked part time for a friend at a Yamaha Dealership so we rode all the new sleds at the time.
    Have had a real itch to get back on one the last few years but can't get over the prices these days. I will probably rent one this winter just to get out or maybe buy an older used sled like we used to ride.
    I still remember the rep coming in and pointing to an R-1 sport bike and saying how that motor would be nice in a sled.. And we all just laughed. Now they are almost all four strokes.
    How times have changed.

2. Member
    That was my addiction before I got back into fishing. The cost broken down by the days I could actually ride was just too much to accept. Even with an older paid for sled, between insurance, reg, club, oil, fuel and lodging because I had to tow to find good snow most times. I'd get our maybe 7 days a year. We still have our sleds so we beat around in the fields with the kids when it snows. It's a rich mans game, so maybe once kids are grown and I'm looking to burn cash I'll get back into it with the new sleds with that insane suspension.

3. Member
    RZR Rock Crawler and my 4 wheeler when it isn't too cold.

4. Member
    when i lived in Ill I had my polaris and my ditch pickle. Ditch bangin and dodging fire hydrants sure was fun.

5. Member
    Had Scorpions growing up in IL. When I lived in Colorado I would just rent them and get the insurance against any breakage/accidents, that way I didn't have to trailer them up the mountains. I think the newer ones, while better machines to ride, are butt ugly compared to the ones from the 70's, 80's, and 90's.

Tough to find a decent used Yamaha Phazer for the kids to ride. Used to be able to pick them up for a couple hundred easy. Either too much $$ or too far away.... Although it's probably just as well. No snow around here yet.. Which is good with me..