Smartcraft/vesselview help, understanding please.

2007 300xs motors. Boat currently has sc1000 gauges, merc monitors, and a SC5000. I have 2 junction boxes under the helm, and no idea what does what and why it's there other than engine data gets to the junction box and then is displayed on the gauges hooked to that junction box. So how does both engine feeds get to the SC5000?

to move forward with the times, I bought a vessel view link kit and a simrad unit. I understand the vessel view sends engine data converted into NMEA 2000 and that's how it's gonna get displayed on the simrad. Now the mystery, what junction box do I plug the harness into? Both junction boxes are maxed out, and even if one was available, how does the other engine info get between the boxes?

2. Member
    If you have a Mercmonitor(s), then there is no need for a Vessel View Link.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Forum Announcements, and be sure to provide the Required Info when posting. Thanks!

Some MercMonitors may have NMEA-2000 Functionality. Some may not. In order to utilize THEM for NMEA-2000 output on a twin-engine application, one of the MercMonitors would need to have been a Level-3.

Vessel View Link is an excellent choice in your case. Lose the SC5000, connect the Vessel View Link in the exact same Junction Box Port. That's it.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Maybe the better question is what "Mercmonitors" do you have?