Kaskaskia River..looking at new fishing spots..

So for next year we are looking at some new spots that are near St.Louis to fish. Heard that Kaskaskia was a great place to fish..

Not looking for waypoints or anything just looking for some advice. Don't fish tournaments either..just a sport fisherman..

Normally fish Lake of the Ozarks so river fishing is going to be alittle different for me.

I've been on the river a couple times down there just pleasure boating. Can't even really remember where we put in. I do remember a floating bar though, where we all tied up and hung out. Is that close to where people fish?

2. Member
    I’d suggest a hard hat with face shield an a 12 gauge shot gun
    to handle the carp. If your a Ozark
    fisherman you want enjoy the river

Who ever told you the Kaskaskia river was a great fishing spot LIED. Back before most of the sloughs silted in and the Asian carp invasion it was a popular fishing destination that several bass tournaments had on the schedule. Even the Marina at New Athens closed for a couple of years now. I am a local to the area and fished my first tournament on the river back in the 80’s. Only USA Bassin holds tournaments on the river and they don’t even average 6 boats. 12 inch limit. Look at this years “lack of results” http://www.usabassin.com/modules.php...=140&year=2018
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

Quote Originally Posted by 90pantera View Post
    So for next year we are looking at some new spots that are near St.Louis to fish. Heard that Kaskaskia was a great place to fish..

Not looking for waypoints or anything just looking for some advice. Don't fish tournaments either..just a sport fisherman..

Normally fish Lake of the Ozarks so river fishing is going to be alittle different for me.

I've been on the river a couple times down there just pleasure boating. Can't even really remember where we put in. I do remember a floating bar though, where we all tied up and hung out. Is that close to where people fish?
    Is this an April fools joke in December ! Seriously don't waste your time, stay home and prune your wifes roses or wash her car or vacuum the house you will have more fun.
    2018 Skeeter ZX 250
    2018 Yamaha SHO 250
    Minn Kota 112 Ultrex Link
    Lowrance Elite Ti 12 and Elite Ti 9
    Dual PP Pro Series II
    Atlas Hydraulic JP

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter185 View Post
    Is this an April fools joke in December ! Seriously don't waste your time, stay home and prune your wifes roses or wash her car or vacuum the house you will have more fun.
    Well looks like we aren't fishing this river..

6. Member
    Wow, didn't realize it had gotten that bad.
    Head to kincaid or coffeen then.