Banned

Dek it Dash mount ?

Anyone have any experience with the Dek it Dash mounts?

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I have one......like it, works great....had a Lowrance 10" unit and now a Garmin 9" unit....few things, unit sits sits close to the dash so not alot of room between back of unit and dash and I have some vibration at low speed but it may be from my dash not having enough support but bot enough for me to change it out to another style...
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Scraps
    Same as fishin for me. Single mount 9in on the console. Vibration at low speeds. Not sure if any mount would eliminate that. Simple, decent mount that is much cheaper than the alternatives.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Also one other thing if you get that mount you will need to fabricate something that is solid on the dash (front and back) for the mount to be mounted to... .the plastic junk that is on the dash wont work.

5. Member
    I have the single console mount on a ranger and like it.. I like the price point and that it can go lower on the console than some other mounts I looked at. A backer plate of some kind of material would be a good idea or at least fender washers on the back. I went to there website and it said they were out of stock so I called and emailed them about when I could get one and they never responded so Amazon to the rescue.

6. Banned
    Thanks for the information. I emailed their website regarding some pics of units on a Phoenix boat. They weren't very helpful.

7. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Also one other thing if you get that mount you will need to fabricate something that is solid on the dash (front and back) for the mount to be mounted to... .the plastic junk that is on the dash wont work.
    That plastic junk, at least on my 2017, is tough. I'm mounted to that stuff and used huge washers on the back and it works fine. I had a tough time getting a drill bit through that stuff.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

8. Moderator
    I have a dek it dual mount at the dash. It has helix 12 and Lowrance 12 on it. Works great. Pm your number and I’ll text ya pics if you’d like to see it

I have one with dual HDS 9’s and it works great!

10. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Took a few pics while i was in the shop earlier......dont mind the dirt all over..havent got a chance to clean it up...

11. Member
    I’ve got a dual Deck it mount on a Precision Sonar backing plate. Phoenix 921 Pro xp. Had a 12” Solix and a 12” Carbon. Very sturdy, but It was a little hard to see over. It’s in a box in the garage now. Went with a BBT dual mount.

12. Member
    Precision Sonar mounts are much better IMO..

13. Banned
    I ended up buying the Dek-It Single Dash Mount and the Dek-It Support Bracket for Phoenix Boats. The support bracket takes a while to install, but once installed its an absolute beast of a mount when bolted to the 2 'stringers' inside the dash. I definitely feel like this is the better option for Great Lakes fishing.

djd

14. Member
    I’m thinking about buying the Dek-it mount and support bracket. Do I need any other plates for the install?

15. Banned
    No other plates required (i.e. you can use the factory plate), but I'm working on getting a different face plate, probably 1/8 aluminum.

16. Member
    Where did you get the nice replacement plate? Did you put another piece of metal for backing?

Thanks