Any Z-19 Owners Out There?

Hey guys. Seriously considering a Z-19, but I’m interested in hearing about Z19 owners experiences. I’ve heard great things in terms of speed, but I’m more concerned with rough water handling.

Would like to hear your thoughts.

2. Member
    PM sent
    Born to fish, forced to work.

3. Member
    Mine has been flawless, so far. Runs 69 mph but gets a little squirrely. 65 is comfortable to drive. I can't say I have had it in really rough water but what I have had it in it handled it very well. It's a heavy enough boat to get up on top of a pretty good chop and ride well, which I have done. When it really gets bad I stay home.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

i owned a 2017 and a 2018 the boat is an amazing fishing platform for fishing open water also small and nimble enough to get in the tight spots the main reason I went to a z20 was my son is fishing high school tounaments and we need the room plus my dealer really wanted me to have the 250 4 stroke. The 19 is a all around great boat the only reason I think it doesn't carry a 225 is it would hurt the z20 sales it would be a rocket then my 17 was fast by myself with power poles was 72.4 and now loaded with 2 fat guys it ran 70 to 71 my 2018 was a little slower about 2 mph slower I tried everything to get it there but couldn't. I still say day in and day out 65 is plenty all in all I'd buy a z19 again any day. I fish alot and always felt comfortable in it.
    Clay Harris "LA" lower Alabama
    All you gotta do is catch 5

5. Member
    Picked up my 2019 Z-19 over Labor Day Weekend and absolutely love it. Rides in rough water as good as any other bass boat that I’ve been in. Seats are super comfortable and absorb a lot of the pounding the waves can put on you. Mine gets a little squirly around 66-67 mph but I rarely need to go that fast anyway. Pull the trigger if you can afford it, you won’t regret it.
    “Without uncompromising faith, no miracle can ever occur.” - Stan Kellner

6. Member
    Buddy bought hi this spring and I liked it after spending time in his on break in. Took a few trips to the Rock and it handle the big water great. Fully loaded we were running 62-65 in rougher water and it did great....... So I picked my new 2018 Z19 200Pro Xs on 10/25 and so far I really like the boat. Not just saying that either cause I spent 15 years in a Champion.
    Phil 4:19 2018 Nitro Z19, 200Pro Xs, Lowrance, Minnkota

Great rig... Super fishing platform, and it handles the rough stuff as good as I hoped... Topped out at 70 by myself and 65 with a partner and "fully" loaded.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

8. Member
    It's a great all around boat. I came from a zx225 Skeeter (1 ft longer) and I think they are the same in performance. My Nitro has single console but my Skeeter was dual. The Nitro fishes bigger due to wider and being single console. I absolutely love the ProXS. No complaints yet. Been running it since February.

9. Member
    Have a 2017 with a 175 XS and have PLENTY of power. Fast for me is 55 (but will still go 65+) and that has been great. Boat has been solid. In hindsight, I would have gone ahead and upgraded electronics at time of purchase but now having to do that (and is more cumbersome trying to fit a trusting vendor for the install). Love the low gunnel walls but seem to short to have normal sized night lighting installed (am I wrong?). Storage is generous. Have a dual axle trailer in steel (no fiberglass). Vortex hubs are nice but the plastic caps do crack easily, so plan on finding and having a stock of them for the inconvenience. After two years, I still enjoy the boat. I do HOWEVER find myself comparing a few features here and there from other boats (Skeeters internal storage lockers are NOT carpeted and I like that; their central front storage is built to efficiently house Plano 3700 boxes; Tritons have a nice second fisherman rod storage area that doesn't overpressure their rods when strapped down, etc.) Price for price and pound for pound, it's a good value boat. Hope some of this is helpful!

10. Member
    bought a new z19 in march. 200 merc 2stroke..you know about the speed but 2 guys, fully loaded & fresh out of the break in was running 67.5 in less than ideal conditions down Barkley lake. I think it handles great.. my ONLY complaint is lack of small storage in my single console. boat needs a glove compartment or something for wallet, phone, whatever. Love the large deck, good storage up front and rear has molded compartments for planos if you wish.

11. Member
    I use my trash can in the cooler for a glove box.
    Or you can spend the money for the drawer where the passenger puts his foot.

The drawer is not a drawer, it is more of a glove box. And to be perfectly honest it is not worth the money. when closed it leans in a backward direction and the contents of what is in the box can fall out of it and into the bottom of the boat. Also they tightened up the orientation of the rod holder holes to the point that most rods will not fit in them very well.
    Last edited by KCLOST; 01-02-2019 at 01:21 PM.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

13. Member
    Bought a 2017 in 2018 brand new Dual console pro package Z-19. The Elite-TI's(18's) are junk and I like the HDS 3's and the switch panels better on the 2017. Really my only reason for choosing 17 over 18, and the fact I saved a ton of money because it was overstock from the year before.

My biggest issues have not been boat related but trailer related. Tire bunkers falling off, damaged fiberglass on my boat because the bunkers were falling off. The pole you grab to get on the front deck just broke off one day and I almost broke my neck. The entire fender on the passenger side of the boat was lose and shook pretty bad going down the road eventually breaking a weld. Hub seals blew out bleeding grease all over the wheels/rims.

All items have been addressed by warranty but holy smokes. The trailer was in my honest opinion a piece of garbage. LOL

14. Member
    've found out the hard way. I was going to buy a new Phoenix but hey lots of friends are running Nitros so I will buy z19. Boy was that ever a mistake. Owned the boat 2 months the hull cracks send it back at the end of the season for WARRANTY REPAIR, then got it back one week later sent it back again cause how poor of a job they did and just sanded the cracks out by doing that they sanded the hull so thin you could see daylight though the hull. I get the boat back again and you could see the place where they just sprayed a 2ft area over the thin spot then added fiberglass to the inside rod locker. So guess what so I got it back in February and the hull cracks again by July in the same spot. I've been on the phone since Oct and my boat is still sitting at the dealership waiting. Never again will I buy a white river product. I paid 40k for a piece of shit and it's no big deal to them.