Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rharrell View Post
    I think out of the 4 teams it’s Clemson that no one is really talking about that I would not want to play
    I agree. Nobody is talking about them, and you sure don’t want to have to play them. They have a very good chance to win it all this year.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlawler1 View Post
    That's exactly what it was...maybe if the defensive schedule was ranked 113th instead of 57th where Kyler's was ranked 87th hardest maybe Tua would've finished a little closer reckon? Those super tough big 12 defenses and all...those 52-54 games are such defensive battles...
    Did u forget this one? Sure looks like an excuse. What does "Tua would have finished closer" refer to? Not the Heisman?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt1212 View Post
    Did u forget this one? Sure looks like an excuse
    No no... Didn't forget what I posted... But no excuses posted there.. You just trying to make it out to be one..
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlawler1 View Post
    No no... Didn't forget what I posted... But no excuses posted there.. You just trying to make it out to be one..
    So why not answer the question? What did "finish closer" and "weak defenses" refer to if not the heisman? Look, on this subject ive provided numbers(all things being equal-attempts, avg, rating, etc). Im done on this one. I think we both agree that Bama has the best team in the nation.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by west texas luke View Post
    Ohio State has as many Heisman's as oklahoma and bama combined. Y'all suck on that one for awhile.
    ohio state has 7 Oklahoma has 6

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by west texas luke View Post
    Ohio State has as many Heisman's as oklahoma and bama combined. Y'all suck on that one for awhile.
    NOT ANY MORE suck on that one

7. Member
    It will be made VERY clear, who is the best player in college football on 12/29 and all you haters already know in your heart what is going to happen. There is a solid chance that Alabama scores 7 every single time they touch the football and Bama's defense is without a doubt, far and beyond, the best defense that little Tyler will have ever seen. I'm not saying Alabama will shut him down but I'm betting that they make OU punt at least 3 times and if that happens Bama wins by at least 21. This game will not even be close. Little Tyler and that OU defense would struggle to win against any team in the top 10, much less the best team in the country. Little Tyler better enjoy that trophy and start making plans to play baseball because thats about his only hope for any enjoyment in the near future.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ski Tar View Post
    It will be made VERY clear, who is the best player in college football on 12/29 and all you haters already know in your heart what is going to happen. There is a solid chance that Alabama scores 7 every single time they touch the football and Bama's defense is without a doubt, far and beyond, the best defense that little Tyler will have ever seen. I'm not saying Alabama will shut him down but I'm betting that they make OU punt at least 3 times and if that happens Bama wins by at least 21. This game will not even be close. Little Tyler and that OU defense would struggle to win against any team in the top 10, much less the best team in the country. Little Tyler better enjoy that trophy and start making plans to play baseball because thats about his only hope for any enjoyment in the near future.
    You could argue it would determine on the 29th who the best team is, no argument with that. Heisman is not a team trophy.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    You could argue it would determine on the 29th who the best team is, no argument with that. Heisman is not a team trophy.
    After watching the game on the 29th everyone will be solidly convinced that Tau is a far better player than Tyler. Hell, I'm not sure that there aren't at least 5 players on Bama's team that are better players than Tyler. If I were Tyler I would go play baseball and not declare for the NFL draft because I have little doubt that the NFL thinks there will be better players on that field on the 29th. There might even be players on his own team that would get drafted ahead of him. There is little doubt that if Tua and Tyler were in the same draft, Tua would go ahead of him.

10. Member
    Alabama as a team hurt Tua in the Heisman, they are simply too good and have proven all year they don't need him to win. Hurts leading the team to victory in the Georgia game was the nail in his coffin. Tua will get another shot at the Heisman next year, unless he turns out to be injury prone. Sportswriters are already claiming him to be number 1 out of 10 others next year.

11. Member
    Lets just face the facts, Tyler won the trophy because the rest of the country is sick and tired of Alabama's dominance and were just looking for any reason to give this trophy to someone other than an Alabama player. But hey, I may eat my words, we'll certainly find out on the 29th.

12. Member
    Tua went 10-25 for 164yrds 1TD and 2 int’s in the SEC Championship, then got replaced by a better QB to win the game. But, your right he should have won the Heisman.

13. Major Flagelator Gamblinman's Avatar
    Kyler won the Heisman on 2 fronts that the other candidates didn't do as well. Rushing, and his individual importance to the offense. Even in the only loss the Sooners had and his own mistakes in the game, his stats were formidable.

Tua leaving the game and Jalen Hurts coming in to finish and win the game for Alabama hurt Tua's final numbers.

While a fine QB, Haskins wasn't as "electrifying", and didn't have the coverage the other candidates did. The Loss to Purdue didn't help.

Everyone can agree that the media pumping can and does affect the votes.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Bulldogs jerked the Heisman out of Tua's hand , its that simple .

15. Banned
    After watching the game on the 29th everyone will be solidly convinced that Tau is a far better player than Tyler. Hell, I'm not sure that there aren't at least 5 players on Bama's team that are better players than Tyler. If I were Tyler I would go play baseball and not declare for the NFL draft because I have little doubt that the NFL thinks there will be better players on that field on the 29th. There might even be players on his own team that would get drafted ahead of him. There is little doubt that if Tua and Tyler were in the same draft, Tua would go ahead of him.
    Its not a who is on the better team award, a who played tougher defense award, a who would be a better pro quarterback hypothetical award, its a who is the best college football player award. Your post is sour grapes at its finest.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Its not a who is on the better team award, a who played tougher defense award, a who would be a better pro quarterback hypothetical award, its a who is the best college football player award. Your post is sour grapes at its finest.
    Not so sure about that. Gotta think if it was UCF qb putting up those numbers instead of Kyler people would be singing a different song.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ176 View Post
    Not so sure about that. Gotta think if it was UCF qb putting up those numbers instead of Kyler people would be singing a different song.
    More hypothetical

I'm not sure if you're just trolling or legitimately think the kid's name is actually Tyler. If it's the latter, that will prove just how little you know about football outside the Crimson Tide.
    2007 Triton TR-21X w/ Pro XS 250
    6" T&H Hi Jacker w/ 2" spacers
    26P Tempest

Quote Originally Posted by Triton TR 20 View Post
    ohio state has 7 Oklahoma has 6
    OU has 7 Hiesman winners now.
    2007 Triton TR-21X w/ Pro XS 250
    6" T&H Hi Jacker w/ 2" spacers
    26P Tempest

20. Member
    Lets just face the facts, Tyler won the trophy because the rest of the country is sick and tired of Alabama's dominance and were just looking for any reason to give this trophy to someone other than an Alabama player. But hey, I may eat my words, we'll certainly find out on the 29th.
    Let's just face the facts. Ski Tar doesn't even know the quarterback's name. It's KYLER. As for his constant drivel about the great Alabama....we all know how good Alabama is. No one can deny that fact. However, talking as much smack as you have is very dangerous. Especially if you should happen to lose. I, for one, am looking forward to a great game. When I return here to read the comments, I will not have to make 100 excuses about why my team didn't win. Ski Tar, however, will indeed have many words to eat if his beloved Tide doesn't roll like he thinks they will. Good luck Ski Tar. Enjoy the game.

By the way, Little Tyler (a.k.a. Kyler) won the Heisman because he is the best player in the country, not because the country is sick of Alabama's dominance. Nice try though.
    Last edited by SoonerEd; 12-12-2018 at 10:38 AM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast