Ken Braun

Ringfree vs Merc Quickclean

I have a 2015 Merc 250 pro XS. Is Ringfree as good as the Merc Quickclean. Ok to use? Thanks, KB

2. Member
    It’s a Merc. Use Quickleen.

3. Member
    Double post.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

4. Member
    It certainly isn't better than Quickleen. Fished with a guide service in AK last 2yrs, couple of his boats have twin 200 & 250 Yamaha engines, guess what he uses - Quickleen and Quickstor.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

5. Member
    I use Quickleen in my m/c's, chainsaws, generator, 4 wheeler, RZR, a boat with a Honda motor, 2 with Mercury engines, and one with an Evinrude with much success.

6. Banned
    Whichever is cheaper would be the one to use. The Ringfree Plus is a very diluted product and not very expensive to use per gallon treated.

SeaFoam on the other hand is very expensive to use (per gallon treated), and it's not a decarbonizer. It's diesel oil with a little added naptha and alcohol.

7. Member
    I never use the "whichevers cheaper" mentality, when deciding which products go in my motors....

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    I never use the "whichevers cheaper" mentality, when deciding which products go in my motors....
    ^^^^ This ^^^^

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    +2!
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

10. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Please review the Forum Announcements and ALWAYS include the Required Info with your posts. Thanks!

In years past they were virtually identical products. It is my understanding that Yamaha has since changed their formula... so I would strongly recommend referencing the info in the FAQ Section.

Oil, Battery, Spark Plugs, Fuel and Fuel Additive Recommendations

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor