Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PsuHntr View Post
    You may be the first person ever who I have heard complain about the plopper hooks
    They aren’t bad compared to what most come with. They are sharp. But I’ve lost way to many Smallmouth with those hooks. I switched over to the triple grips. And that helped big time.

2. Member
    The tail propped top water was around far before a whopper plopper. Dahlberg just made one of his favorite Muskie lures a little smaller.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 05skeeter View Post
    They aren’t bad compared to what most come with. They are sharp. But I’ve lost way to many Smallmouth with those hooks. I switched over to the triple grips. And that helped big time.
    Triple grips made a big difference for me too

Is anyone really getting enough speed on a retrrieve where a softer tail prop flexes enough to be all that different from one that does not?

5. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I have 5-6 of the 90s and 110s and have yet to have a fish take a swipe at my whopper ploppers. It’s weird since I’m catching plenty of fish on Spooks, Poppers and mirodine prop topwater. This spring I’m going to be on a mission to find why they’re not hitting this bait!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    I have 5-6 of the 90s and 110s and have yet to have a fish take a swipe at my whopper ploppers. It’s weird since I’m catching plenty of fish on Spooks, Poppers and mirodine prop topwater. This spring I’m going to be on a mission to find why they’re not hitting this bait!

The years prior to Ploppers becoming so popular the bites you would get on them were violent. They would try to destroy it. Got to enjoy them a couple of years before they took off. Now everyone and their brother are throwing them. I personally think a lot of fish have gotten conditioned to them a bit.

My biggest fish have hit on a slow retrieve. The tail was spinning but I hardly heard a “plopping” sound. Never been hit burning it.

here is my biggest on a plopper:
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=909004
    Last edited by rocketman6965; 12-10-2018 at 06:56 PM. Reason: More info

Joe Perez
    Boatless white trash

Whichever catches em is what I prefer.
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

9. Member

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    The years prior to Ploppers becoming so popular the bites you would get on them were violent. They would try to destroy it. Got to enjoy them a couple of years before they took off. Now everyone and their brother are throwing them. I personally think a lot of fish have gotten conditioned to them a bit.
    I still kick myself all the time for not listening to Ish talk about how good they were about two years before they got really hot. He kept talking about it in a bass university class I was in and I never thought anything more about it until a couple years later when everyone was throwing them.

11. Banned
    Which one do the Pros use the more of, that would be the one for me...

12. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    Which one do the Pros use the more of, that would be the one for me...
    Nah, I’m calling bs on that line Lew!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Quote Originally Posted by 05skeeter View Post
    Same here, the hooks on mine are thick like a tuna hook. smallies knock it out of the water but don't hook up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12