Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pfisher View Post
    But I don't see my lures side-by-side in down. A friend doesn't either. If the "professional drawing" above is correct I should be seeing that in down?
    When you switch from forward vu to down vu, are you rotating the transducer 90 degrees?
    2018 Ranger Z185
    Yamaha 150 SHO w/ Tempest 23P
    Ultrex 80 Link
    Helix 10MDI & 12MSI G2N at console
    Helix 10 M+DI G4N w/ M360 and Garmin 93 w/ LiveScope at bow
    Atlas Jackplate
    12' Talons

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cconn View Post
    I made a professional, exactly to scale drawing to show the relationship between transducer orientation (black) and signal area (red).

I don’t have a Livescope but I would think that if you rotated the transducer down from the forward view it would actually look like
    the forward view but covers less forward and more back area.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shooter 1 View Post
    I don’t have a Livescope but I would think that if you rotated the transducer down from the forward view it would actually look like
    the forward view but covers less forward and more back area.
    Not sure if we are all understanding each other here. To be able to see two lures side by side on the left and right of the boat, the transducer has to be in down view, AND rotated 90° left or right (usually by turning the trolling motor) where it is perpendicular to the boat. In front view the transducer is parallel to the boat. If you do not rotate the transducer then you are correct, down view will just show what is under and directly in front of the boat, but not to the sides.
    2018 Ranger Z185
    Yamaha 150 SHO w/ Tempest 23P
    Ultrex 80 Link
    Helix 10MDI & 12MSI G2N at console
    Helix 10 M+DI G4N w/ M360 and Garmin 93 w/ LiveScope at bow
    Atlas Jackplate
    12' Talons

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12