Braced or Non-Braced Power Pole Brackets?

As the title says braced or unbraced for a 8 foot Blade CM2? Is there any particular reason to spend the extra 60 bucks for braced brackets? Thanks, Robert

braced for 10'
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    braced are required for 10 foot blades 8 foot models braced are optional really depends on if you fish big rough water or you run drift paddles on a regular basis, if either of the 2 I recommend my customers go for the braced option at purchase. Hope this helps!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    braced are required for 10 foot blades 8 foot models braced are optional really depends on if you fish big rough water or you run drift paddles on a regular basis, if either of the 2 I recommend my customers go for the braced option at purchase. Hope this helps!
    I don't fish big rough water...the biggest lake I fish would be Eufaula and don't use drift paddles. So I guess the non-braced are fine then?

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mastergun View Post
    I don't fish big rough water...the biggest lake I fish would be Eufaula and don't use drift paddles. So I guess the non-braced are fine then?
    with 8 footers yes you would be fine running unbraced and saving yourself 5 or so pounds