1. Member
    ive used many of the destroyer rods almost all in the line up actually likewise with the nrx rods. recently sold off all the megabass but not due to performance at all. The fmj was definitely one of my favorite rods in the line up. In my hands nrx has the edge in sensitivity but the destroyer is no slouch at all. for me if you are fishing offshore stuff i would like the 894 better. for pitching and dock fishing im without a doubt going to go for the fmj it was one of the best pitching rods i have fished and the balance is spot on. the rod handles a wide range of weight ranges well and the taper loads deeper into the blank than a nrx rod does, but still has a great amount of power. Honestly i feel you would really like the fmj it really is a awesome jig rod among st other things like swing heads and other rigs in that nature, love my nrx rods but the build quality will go to fmj as well. when i fished the fmj i noticed that it was very sensitive with a 3/8 oz jig but when i stepped up to 1/2 oz it got even better. also makes a good frog rod in a pinch if you need it.

2. Testing

Megabass Destroyer vs NRX

I use all NRX for bottom contact baits but like to try new rods and have been thinking about picking up a FMJ. Can anybody thats used both compare the FMJ to a NRX. Im thinking itd be like the 894 but id like to find something comparable to the 873. Any input about any model i should consider is appreciated
    They aint got hands, set the hook

4. Member
    FMJ is balanced better than 894 but not quite as strong in my hands. More like an 854 than 894.

5. Member
    The FMJ is an excellent stick and is right with the NRX in sensitivity in my hands. They are crisp blanks. I would give the edge to the Nrx as other have said, but not by much This is one of the purest jig rods I have fished. Heavy power with a fast action. Excels at pictching creature baits/soft plastics as well. I might place it between the 873 and 894 in terms of NRX power comparisons. A fast action versus the extra fast. My only issue has been durability and for that reason I currently don’t own any more of them. I sure want to.