Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

May Sell My Boat

First, I am not dying tomorrow so the thought of selling my boat isn't to collect money for my burial. LOL. But I do have some pretty serious health news that coupled with an already chronic health condition has me thinking that I may not get to use my boat much next year and that I might want to plan on a brand new 2020 model. Those that know my boat already know it is probably the most technologically equipped bass boat in the world. Not an exaggeration I don't think. I don't have to sell it so I'm not even going to consider a fire sale. It has run loaded 95.6 and had more in it but I didn't push it any further. I also know that although it is a 2018 and has a 300 merc racing with 34 hrs, blade power poles, 36 volt 40 ah lithium batteries, nite track night vision, 3 carbon 12's, ulterra tm, and more, it won't bring 2019 prices; but it is pretty much showroom new. If anybody is planning on a new duel console XB21 I'm open to discuss things. I haven't made up my mind but thought I'd put it out there to see what the thinking is.

What are the colors ? Thanks
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

3. Member
    It’s a beautiful boat for sure. He’s not lying about the most technologically advanced bass boat either. Johnny you can just bring it to my house and I’ll make sure the gas doesn’t go bad for you.

The boat is beautiful, but that is secondary. I read this with a heavy heart. Please know that you are in my prayers.

If I can do anything please let me know. I would gladly fly down and take you fishing in your boat anytime. We may even clean some carbon out and use your Power Poles.

Seriously, may God bless you and give you the strength you need to get through whatever hard times are ahead.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    What are the colors ? Thanks
    It’s red/black with white. The blades have never been wet.

6. Member
    Thank you Matt and Geoff and so many others who have called and texted. I’m going to be ok my friends. The things I’m facing are not anything one would wish for of course, but they are manageable. Recovery will have to be outside the realm of a boat skipping across the water at 90 though. LOL. There is a real possibility that I may be unable to get in a boat much next year plain and simple. I have some decisions to make with the help of my family and friends regarding treatment options. Its all going to be ok but the time it takes could drive me nuts.
    Last edited by Johnny Maxwell; 12-08-2018 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Maxwell View Post
    It’s red/black with white. The blades have never been wet.
    Thank you sir .... sorry to hear about your issues. I wish you well.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

8. Member
    Johnny I pray only the best for you.

9. Member
    Please see PM.
    ken

10. Member
    Johnny, I went thru bone removal on C3-C7 of Ostiophites (bone growth that fused my entire neck) and had a titanium plate and spacers held together with screws of C5-C7 (Fusion). Recovery was very easy compared to low back clean up/out and fusion. I was able to have Rotator Cuff surgery 3 months after the neck surgery. Time line was Low Back Surgery in July 2016, Neck Surgery March 2017 and Rotator Cuff June 2017. Now I'm working with a bad knee but I refuse to let it take me down. I do what I want when I want, just a little slower. I wish you the best. Sound like you aren't going to let it beat you.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Strokerdean View Post
    Johnny, I went thru bone removal on C3-C7 of Ostiophites (bone growth that fused my entire neck) and had a titanium plate and spacers held together with screws of C5-C7 (Fusion). Recovery was very easy compared to low back clean up/out and fusion. I was able to have Rotator Cuff surgery 3 months after the neck surgery. Time line was Low Back Surgery in July 2016, Neck Surgery March 2017 and Rotator Cuff June 2017. Now I'm working with a bad knee but I refuse to let it take me down. I do what I want when I want, just a little slower. I wish you the best. Sound like you aren't going to let it beat you.
    Thanks for the encouragement my friend. You have been through the ringer too. I hope your knee's hold up for a long time. I am going to make absolutely certain I have to have surgery on my neck at this time, before I go ahead with it. I've been holding off for 4 years though and now I'm seeing the signs as is the neuro that the damage is about to the point of no return if I don't do something soon. The EMG's, MRI's, MRV's, etc. etc. all point to cutting time on my neck and head. Stay after it and I will too!

12. Member
    I went thru neck surgery in June 2015 with 2 steel plates and 8 screws. The surgery was a success but it was a slow recovery. The turning point for me on deciding to have the surgery was when the Dr. told me I would start losing control of my bodily functions if I did not have the surgery. You will be ok if you do what the Dr. says. Good luck..

Good luck Johnny!! On your health, and whatever you decide to do with the boat!
    MET/ XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite - 300xs

I hope everything goes well for you Johnny.

My prayers are with you Johnny. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help!
    Jay McDaniel
    2003 Allison XB21 BasSport Elite 2+2
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

16. Member
    Prayers sent. May Psalm 27:14 give you comfort.

17. Moderator
    Sorry to hear you are having problems Johnny.
    I wish you the best of luck and a speedy recovery.

You know this could have started when you went swimming from Tim's boat that time, just saying.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Props4u2 View Post
    Sorry to hear you are having problems Johnny.
    I wish you the best of luck and a speedy recovery.

You know this could have started when you went swimming from Tim's boat that time, just saying.
    Whiplash is a serious condition. I was fishing with Whiplash and Powell, and perhaps got a whiplash in the process. You may be on to something there! LOL

19. Happiness is a Sporty! F150owner's Avatar
    Johnny, we're here for ya bro!! Praying for a positive outcome!

Allison XB21 2+2, Merc 250 ProXS, 1.62 Sportmaster, Hydromotive Engineering X-OB 29
    Excel 1751 Viper F4, Tohatsu 50 4-stroke, EZ-Trac trailer
    FeelFree Lure 11.5 Kayak

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by F150owner View Post
    Johnny, we're here for ya bro!! Praying for a positive outcome!
    Thank you very, very much. I am optimistic that I will get all this behind me and be back to normal by the end of 2019 if not sooner. If God's will is something different then I am good with that too. Who can argue with our mighty God after all. Blessings to you and your family this Christmas season too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast