Four batteries and hole shot.

After 14 years, my 74 pound maxxum is finally getting wore out. I can find all kinds of deals on 36 V Fortrex but not very many 24 V. My hole shot is already slow enough that I am worried about adding a third trolling motor battery and making it set even lower. Who has that set up on 2003-2007 201proxl that has experience with running four batteries?

2. Member
    I have 4 batteries on my 04 201 and I havnt noticed any difference in hole shot or top end speed but I do have a hydraulic jackplate so that helps some too. I have a etec 225 and run a tempest plus 27p prop. I have 4 size 31 batteries and a ultrex 36v trolling motor which weighs a ton. I would sacrifice a little proformance to have the bigger trolling motor imo..Hope this helps.

3. Member
    likely a setup issue, not a weight issue. can correct holeshot with prop changes and balanced boat. I fish out of a 250hp 201 all the time and it has no holeshot issues at all. it has 4 31 series batteries

my 20 footer has a 24v and it has never been not enough also??
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

4. Member
    My Boat is loaded very heavy and I run really stiff pitched props to 5950 loaded. Everything has been worked by Mark and it’s always just been kinda slow out of the hole.
    Nothing embarassing, just don’t want it to get any worse. It also has sat very low in the rear and don’t want that to get any worse.
    I have 3 group 27 batteries, MK 345D charger and oil tank in there now.
    Actually don’t even know where I would put another battery.
    Move never really needed a bigger TM either, just keeps seeing deals on the used 36v ones and hate spending more money to get less power. But prolly better to just stick with 24V and not make any other changes.

I know as soon as I mention the word hydrofoil most people think "oh my god, I would never install one of those ugly things" Well let me tell you if you have any holeshot issues at all a hydrofoil is an instant cure. I have a traditional ugly as sin plastic hydrofoil and guess what I love what it done for my holeshot. When I added two talons I lost some holeshot. I played with props and motor height and had a decent holeshot but not until I added a hydrofoil did I become 100% satisfied. I have one of the old style plastic ones but if/when anything happens to it I have found a totally different foil. It's made of stainless steel and can be customized. Plus it is a lot easier on the eye and it's still cheaper than buying a new prop...check this link out and make sure you scroll through all the pictures... http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....316&highlight=

Please just look into a fury 4. I have 4 group 31 batteries with my crank and fortrex setup. I’m 300lb and my Boat is loaded. Very. 26 fury 4, out performs everything on my setup and I’ve tried a pile of props.

7. Member
    I have a 08 with a 225 pro xl four batteries manual plate no poles and my hole shot is great I can't say it tries to plane out you give it throttle and it's gone. Running a 25 three blade fury half the time I don't even mash the hotfoot just ease into it and it goes. Best hole shot boat I have ever owned.

8. Member
    I added 36v w/4 batteries and it hurt my hole shot pretty bad, I don't keep a lot of tackle in the boat). Switched the tm batteries to battle born lithium And it's better. Than it was before by a lot. It took sooooo much weight out of the back. It sits up higher in the water too as it was always very low in the back before.