Thread: Rodman 12/7/18

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    All kidding aside (which is me, 90% of the time) it depends on the body of water.. I don't know how big/small Rodman fishes, but if you do too much "helping" on smaller lakes (or waters that fish small) you most certainly will reduce your own catching rate..

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickstix View Post
    All kidding aside (which is me, 90% of the time) it depends on the body of water.. I don't know how big/small Rodman fishes, but if you do too much "helping" on smaller lakes (or waters that fish small) you most certainly will reduce your own catching rate..
    Rodman is a honey hole kind of place. However, it changes like a woman's attitude. Lake level, drawing water, etc... Where creek beds hit the canal, the mother nature made creek channel, deeper holes and more. It is also a place where you can catch 25 pounds then neve catch another fish in that spot for a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion922 View Post
    Rodman is a honey hole kind of place. However, it changes like a woman's attitude. Lake level, drawing water, etc... Where creek beds hit the canal, the mother nature made creek channel, deeper holes and more. It is also a place where you can catch 25 pounds then neve catch another fish in that spot for a decade.
    So true, it also requires a lot of "stick time" as well, spend the time to fish and learn it.....

Spanky

4. Member
    I think some of you guys take yourselves way too seriously.
    If you are a weekend warrior, and you do not want people encroaching on "your" spots then keep your mouth shut.....period.
    To give a low detail report seems like a cry for some type of recognition......."hey look at me" but then you get pissed when someone asks for more detail, gives more detail or is in that spot next time out? Your report is not being done to be helpful, so why bother then if you are going complain that it attracts attention?

Spanky, I appreciated your report, despite not fishing Rodman anytime soon.
    Question everything!

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm77 View Post
    I think some of you guys take yourselves way too seriously.
    If you are a weekend warrior, and you do not want people encroaching on "your" spots then keep your mouth shut.....period.
    To give a low detail report seems like a cry for some type of recognition......."hey look at me" but then you get pissed when someone asks for more detail, gives more detail or is in that spot next time out? Your report is not being done to be helpful, so why bother then if you are going complain that it attracts attention?

Spanky, I appreciated your report, despite not fishing Rodman anytime soon.
    Hey earth worm I said "low detailed report" because if someone feels the need to express they had a good day then they can without letting the cat out of the bag. You wont see me on here giving reports period so you can put your BS theory of recognition to rest. Find one report I put on here.... you wont. I use these forums to push Fwc meetings and stand against people moving here. So if your directing your comments to me then you are WAYYYYYY of base!
    Last edited by Manatee Mauler; 12-16-2018 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    Spanky , why put this on an open forum and draw atten to it??????? It pays to be tight lipped about some things. Its why I don't take people with me but a select few....shit

Let me explain, you put 4 boats in that area and it gets crowded. Now you have 4 boats in there for two straight weeks and the fish get gun shy and its ruined. All because of a forum. If ya want to tell orion or mixstick just call. Ive been catching those fish for three months and didn't have to deal with any other boats.... now you let the cat out of the bag. It whas been nice not having a boat within 1/4 mile of me. Others knew about it but not enough to make a crowd. Its kind of similar to FWC trophy catch, it just exposes it and adds unnecessary pressure

hey, don’t just single out Mixstick, don’t forget Bill2e
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

Even in a tournaments, I will wave someone in who is creeping around. I am a self taught fisherman who did not grow up with Daddy showing me around. To me it is abou sharing and the people you meet. There are always folks who are unethical but that majority just want to learn and catch some fish. Never in my 20 plus years bass fishing has helping someone locate fish hampered my fish catching. Locating bass via online is no different than pre-fishing in today's world. Maybe if a lot of people stopped focusing on winning 200 bucks in a tournmanet that they spent 300 trying to win folks would calm down. I am all about tight lipped folks who are fishing for 10s of thousands of dollars being tight lipped, etc... They are trying to make money or move up. If anyone wants a lat long just let me know.

Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    Hey earth worm I said "low detailed report" because if someone feels the need to express they had a good day then they can without letting the cat out of the bag. You wont see me on here giving reports period so you can put your BS theory of recognition to rest. Find one report I put on here.... you wont. I use these forums to push Fwc meetings and stand against people moving here. So if your directing your comments to me then you are WAYYYYYY of base!
    You must have a guilty conscience, I mean, I didn't quote your post, nor did I mention you specifically and you even PM'ed me about this. Hit a nerve I guess.

I use these forums to push Fwc meetings and stand against people moving here.
    What does the underlined even mean?
    Last edited by earthworm77; 12-16-2018 at 08:59 PM.
    Question everything!

9. Member
    Wish I was going to be home -- but wait till BASS shows up in FEB. There will be a month after the event with boats crushing the whole river.

10. Member
    whoops
    Livin the dream
    2013 Legend 211
    250 Pro Xs

Probably the middle ground would be something like this:...
    "my buddy and I had a great day with limits plus at about 17# easy on baits off the bottom, biggest was ___."

Personally I never ask specifics but like to know time of day and general baits best (top/bottom/middle)...
    most guys will give you that but many stop there or lie past that ...if they are a serious T angler..

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

12. Member
    Even in a tournaments, I will wave someone in who is creeping around. I am a self taught fisherman who did not grow up with Daddy showing me around. To me it is abou sharing and the people you meet. There are always folks who are unethical but that majority just want to learn and catch some fish. Never in my 20 plus years bass fishing has helping someone locate fish hampered my fish catching. Locating bass via online is no different than pre-fishing in today's world. Maybe if a lot of people stopped focusing on winning 200 bucks in a tournmanet that they spent 300 trying to win folks would calm down. I am all about tight lipped folks who are fishing for 10s of thousands of dollars being tight lipped, etc... They are trying to make money or move up. If anyone wants a lat long just let me know.
    Great attitude I agree 100%
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

13. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm77 View Post
    You must have a guilty conscience, I mean, I didn't quote your post, nor did I mention you specifically and you even PM'ed me about this. Hit a nerve I guess.

What does the underlined even mean?
    Means if you aren't FLogrown get out. He hates any and every one that isn't a native.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Means if you aren't FLogrown get out. He hates any and every one that isn't a native.

Build a wall around Florida.
    Last edited by earthworm77; 12-17-2018 at 04:33 PM.
    Question everything!

SWEET Jesus what did I start here????!!!!, kind of depressing, I guess it's just better to be a lurker. This page used to be more active and friendlier, must be Trumps fault (LOL joke here). Hopefully I will run in to some of you guys when I am out fishing, enjoy the season God Bless you all and Merry Christmas, I'm out

Spanky

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12