Thread: Rodman 12/7/18

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Rodman 12/7/18

Today, my good friend Steve and I hit Rodman up this morning, fished from first light until about 1230. The Ramp was open (no cabbage or floaters) and in good shape no issues. It was pretty chilly though. The pool was down some as well. The first fish came shortly after sunrise on a NEKO rig, about 3 pounds a good fight. after that we started working the first flat to the left after you come out of Kenwood. I told Steve to watch out for either Terns or Cormorants. After about 30 minutes we spotted the birds feeding and proceeded in that direction. We started chunking Alabama rigs and good lord what a great time, I ended up with 6 that went between 16 and 17 pounds. Steve was skeptical but after watching me swing a third one in to the boat, he said "alright, do you have any more of those? I hooked him up and we both will have sore shoulders tonight. The rig was set up with Keitech Swing impact 4's in Bluegill Flash with Picasso baits 3/16 oz. jig heads, they were on a Yum Flash Mob Junior Rig. I really like the fishing this time of year especially when the Jerk Bait, finesse and Umbrella rig bite is on. I will be going back next week, I wonder if they are drawing it down?, the level was lower than the last time I was there by about 3 feet.

Spanky

2. Member
    Sounds like a good time. Good report Thanks brother. Hope things are well and you are "back in town" for a bit.
    DAVE MARTIN
    ST. JOHNS, FL
    2007 CHAMPION 183CX 150 MERC OPTI
    US NAVY SEABEES EOC(SCW/EXW) ret. 1992-2015

3. Member
    Congrats bro and that is awesome. Nov and Dec is my most fun time in FL. Give me those two months anyday of the week.

4. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Good job bud!! Sounds like fun!

5. Banned
    Spanky , why put this on an open forum and draw atten to it??????? It pays to be tight lipped about some things. Its why I don't take people with me but a select few....shit

Let me explain, you put 4 boats in that area and it gets crowded. Now you have 4 boats in there for two straight weeks and the fish get gun shy and its ruined. All because of a forum. If ya want to tell orion or mixstick just call. Ive been catching those fish for three months and didn't have to deal with any other boats.... now you let the cat out of the bag. It whas been nice not having a boat within 1/4 mile of me. Others knew about it but not enough to make a crowd. Its kind of similar to FWC trophy catch, it just exposes it and adds unnecessary pressure
    Last edited by Manatee Mauler; 12-08-2018 at 11:50 AM.

6. Banned
    If I give a report, which I do from time to time for a few others its vague in nature. Ill say a few fish are being caught here on top water baits or traps. I wont lie but I wont give specifics or details either. I leave it for the fishermen to figure out. That way you don't bombard a spot where someone else may be fishing.

7. Member

2019 RANGER Z518 - Mercury ProXS 150 4 Stroke

·...¸><((((º>
    .··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
    ·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>

9. Member
    Never a dull moment on the boards here. Someone always has their panties in a wod over green fish. Comical to say the least.
    DAVE MARTIN
    ST. JOHNS, FL

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveM1 View Post
    Never a dull moment on the boards here. Someone always has their panties in a wod over green fish. Comical to say the least.
    You might think it's no big deal and comical but I agree with Manatee.

Last year Tim Frederick won the FLW Tour in Okeechobee in an area a lot of people weren't fishing. I went the next week and fished the Monkey Box all morning and felt like checking out the spot I read online that Tim fished. I get there and couldn't believe my eyes - there were literally over 50 boats in there. There was a shiner boat on almost every reed head and guys chunking artificials right along side them. I am a new boat owner (1 year) and since that moment I won't go to a spot made public like that because it will probably be a waste of time by the time I get there and I go fishing to get out of the crowd not to fish shoulder to shoulder with 50 other boats. Not to mention the pressure it puts on the fish and the other guys that knew of it but kept their lips tight. The power of the internet cannot be taken lightly.

11. Member
    So what's the difference in you checking out the spot a pro was at that you "read" online for all the public to read and they do the same thing you did? But you have an issue with it? I'm confused.
    DAVE MARTIN
    ST. JOHNS, FL

12. Member
    Changing gears a bit... Having been blessed to have fished all over the world, I can tell you Florida is one of the best states for fishing in regard to space. To me it is less about the internet vice just how many people are fishing. Overall, IMO there is not enough time in life for me to fish all the lakes in Florida let alone the places I like to fish. Florida is one of the few places I have spent all day fishing and not seen another boat.

Solid point Dave.

13. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    So what's the difference in you checking out the spot a pro was at that you "read" online for all the public to read and they do the same thing you did? But you have an issue with it? I'm confused.
    Do as he says, not as he does!

I do want to thank Spanky for the tip to head toward feeding birds though.. Flawda Secrets!!

14. Banned
    I kicked back for a moment and thought about it and our biggest problem isn't reports to be honest, its the repeated spraying and destruction of habitat. If there was more cover then we wouldn't see so many concentrations of boats in one area. Y'all have a good Christmas and if ya can make the trip to be a voice heard AND SEEN at the FWC meeting that is posted in these boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Mauler View Post
    I kicked back for a moment and thought about it and our biggest problem isn't reports to be honest, its the repeated spraying and destruction of habitat. If there was more cover then we wouldn't see so many concentrations of boats in one area. Y'all have a good Christmas and if ya can make the trip to be a voice heard AND SEEN at the FWC meeting that is posted in these boards.
    You have made a very valid point, I would also like to add that there is probably a fair amount of "Googins" out there that couldn't put what they found out to use. Merry Christmas to you and yours Mauler!

Spanky

16. Member
    Bud, I guess you don’t get the point I was trying to make. I won’t spell it out any further than I already did. Tight lines.

Guys , if the majority of True Bass Fisherman or ladies just kept to the true sportsmanship of catching bass by: finding and locating bass on their own and truly understanding of good it feels when you do , this thread wouldn’t have the feedback it does because no one would be out there HiJacking information or spots etc!!

18. Member
    Even in a tournaments, I will wave someone in who is creeping around. I am a self taught fisherman who did not grow up with Daddy showing me around. To me it is abou sharing and the people you meet. There are always folks who are unethical but that majority just want to learn and catch some fish. Never in my 20 plus years bass fishing has helping someone locate fish hampered my fish catching. Locating bass via online is no different than pre-fishing in today's world. Maybe if a lot of people stopped focusing on winning 200 bucks in a tournmanet that they spent 300 trying to win folks would calm down. I am all about tight lipped folks who are fishing for 10s of thousands of dollars being tight lipped, etc... They are trying to make money or move up. If anyone wants a lat long just let me know.

19. Member
    Actually it's just the same guy as usual lol

20. Member
    If we all had attitudes like Orion922 it sure would make fishing more fun. On tournament day wish everyone would weigh in 5, just hope my 5 are bigger!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast