Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Just clamp on the lowrance transducer of your choosing like the rest of us have had to do that run a lowrance and want something other then 2d..simple and problem solved. As stated Johnson Outdoors (Minn Kota) is never going to put a good transducer for a competative product/company (lowrance). On there trolling motors. They will always try to steer you to going with a brand under there umbrella (humminbird).

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Prestridge View Post
    Chris Brown,

Insulting Wayne like you did is very poor taste/class.

Wayne, John and many others spend hours answering questions and helping resolve problems.
    I understand that wayne offers alot of help but what makes him immune to just responding without making negative comments either? I think posting that the op is clueless is a little much isnt it? Not very inviting for people to come and ask research questions if they gonna be talked down too.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    I understand that wayne offers alot of help but what makes him immune to just responding without making negative comments either? I think posting that the op is clueless is a little much isnt it? Not very inviting for people to come and ask research questions if they gonna be talked down too.
    The only "question" (which certainly doesn't qualify as "research") that the OP asked was if Bill Gates is running Minn Kota now. The whole problem here is the LACK of research on the OP's part and his seeking to place blame on others for the resulting problem. I've seen Wayne and John offer invaluable advice countless times (without any attitude or eye-rolling) based on their experience and wealth of knowledge, and I appreciate it. Coming in with guns blazing when you have no idea what you're talking about doesn't command the kind of respect that asking a "research question" does.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by granite View Post
    The only "question" (which certainly doesn't qualify as "research") that the OP asked was if Bill Gates is running Minn Kota now. The whole problem here is the LACK of research on the OP's part and his seeking to place blame on others for the resulting problem. I've seen Wayne and John offer invaluable advice countless times (without any attitude or eye-rolling) based on their experience and wealth of knowledge, and I appreciate it. Coming in with guns blazing when you have no idea what you're talking about doesn't command the kind of respect that asking a "research question" does.
    Well put sir.

5. Member
    Oh yes. 2 wrongs definitely make a right.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    Oh yes. 2 wrongs definitely make a right.
    Reading comprehension not your thing? Allow me to translate: I only see one wrong, and it isn't Wayne.

7. Member
    Reading comprehension not your thing? Allow me to translate: I only see one wrong, and it isn't Wayne.
    I know. Your blind

Guess im not seeing where the ops post is that bad myself. He admitted he didnt do alot of research and made a comment yes but not directed towards anyone directly on here. i would be frustrated in a way too its hard to keep up with all the changes sometimes and i dont have enough spare time to live and breath it like some are fortunate too. I just dont see the benefit to waynes attitude on alot of things. Its one thing to be to the point another to basically tell someone they are stupid. Basscat boats i think offered the best most informative answer on the topic and somehow managed to avoid insulting anybody but im clueless too i guess.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    Yes you did state that : " Had no Idea that when I bought it that the built in trans isn't down, side or total scan compatible (my fault, shoulda done more research)"
    and then came back to bashing MinnKota (Johnson Outdoors) for coming out with something new without doing the research again to find out it wouldn't work with your Lowrance anyway. I think Wayne was just trying to point out that even after purchasing a product without researching or talking to dealer that knows their product, that you still continued to make statements without doing any additional research. We all work for a living, but usually when someone is contemplating a $2200 - $ 2500 purchase, one tends to know what they're buying, or at least when I sell a unit, I make sure the purchaser knows what they are getting.
    John
    actually: I was bashing because Minnkota put out a motor with limited capabilities, charge 2700.00 smack for it, less than a year later you put out a 2nd generation motor with an upgraded Transducer (even if it's not compatible with Lowrance) and dont make a kit to upgrade your less than a year old (old) version motor! it's my fault for not making sure that it was compatible with lowrance units, but how many people like me have min Kota motors and are running Lowrance units. I didn't see it posted on any of the adds pushing the Ultrex that it was only compatible with HB. Maybe it was IDK...
    my fault for being "clueless" but minnkota's fault for gouging everybody that bought a 1st gen Ultrex.
    BTW... it was their technical department that I called to inquire about upgrading. your right! should have done my home work, then I would have bought a Motor Guide..
    Last edited by Brownmaniac; 12-18-2018 at 03:09 PM.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Prestridge View Post
    Chris Brown,

Insulting Wayne like you did is very poor taste/class.

Wayne, John and many others spend hours answering questions and helping resolve problems.
    So sorry your butt hurts, but where I come from calling someone "clueless" twice.... is the same thing as calling them stupid!
    Also where I come from, calling someone stupid makes you a DICK..

BTW.. I never really bashed anyone but myself in the original posts! just pointed out that MINNKOTA should have made an upgrade kit. think i made it perfectly clear that I screwed up from the beginning.. Bunch a Trolls... I guess posting some one's full name is supposed to mean something on here?? Yes my name is Chris (Christopher L. Brown) from fair Play SC.. You want my social security number too?
    Last edited by Brownmaniac; 12-18-2018 at 02:38 PM.

11. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownmaniac View Post
    actually: I was bashing because Minnkota put out a motor with limited capabilities, charge 2700.00 smack for it, less than a year later you put out a 2nd generation motor with an upgraded Transducer (even if it's not compatible with Lowrance) and dont make a kit to upgrade your less than a year old (old) version motor! it's my fault for not making sure that it was compatible with lowrance units, but how many people like me have min Kota motors and are running Lowrance units. I didn't see it posted on any of the adds pushing the Ultrex that it was only compatible with Lowrance. Maybe it was IDK...
    my fault for being "clueless" but minnkota's fault for gouging everybody that bought a 1st gen Ultrex.
    BTW... it was their technical department that I called to inquire about upgrading. your right! should have done my home work, then I would have bought a Motor Guide..
    I have an ultrex and run all Lowrance units no issues here , bought it knowing I would throw on an hdi transducer as I knew I would never use the US2 and boom have 2d and downscan... all I need.. no issues with Minn Kota (Trolling motors) or the ultrex. If you wanted a lowrance compatible trolling motor your right you should have went with a motorguide.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    I have an ultrex and run all Lowrance units no issues here , bought it knowing I would throw on an hdi transducer as I knew I would never use the US2 and boom have 2d and downscan... all I need.. no issues with Minn Kota (Trolling motors) or the ultrex. If you wanted a lowrance compatible trolling motor your right you should have went with a motorguide.
    Thanks K+K. Did you mount a tM transducer on the motor or just have them linked off of the transom?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend Chris View Post
    Get a HDS12-LIVE unit and 3-and-1 Transducer and mount to that Ultrex. You'll be happier.

14. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownmaniac View Post
    Thanks K+K. Did you mount a tM transducer on the motor or just have them linked off of the transom?
    Have and HDI transducer on the trolling motor itself. That way im seeing what is right below me and can video game with a dropshot .. I never felt the need for a totalscan as I personally dont have a use for sidescan on my front unit, others may however. I just use sidescan on my console units. Now when the live transducer finally arrives that will be a different story.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Legend Chris View Post
    Get a HDS12-LIVE unit and 3-and-1 Transducer and mount to that Ultrex. You'll be happier.
    May be kinda tough getting the 3 in 1 length to fit the trolling motor.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12