Front Deck Usability

So I'm fixing to start putting my gear in my new to me 21xdc. Im curious how y’all are utilizing the front compartments. I’ve changed my mind a couple of times. Original plan was rods in port rod locker, tackle in middle and life jackets and misc in starboard rod locker. But it’s had to open and close the middle while sitting on rod locker. Keeping weight balance in mind is a factor too.

2. Member
    I use the center storage for my rods, but other front compartments for tackle and net and lure retriever, back storage for rain gear and spare prop, and a helmet, works great for me, have done this in all 3 of my Bullets, I tried the rod box on the passenger side, but kept hitting the windshield when I pulled them out

3. Member
    I run rods in the passenger side box in rod sox, no rod organizer, plastics in the center in bins, heavy tackle behind the passenger seat, light tackle and misc behind driver seat. Light tackle and life jackets, throw cushion etc in driver side rod box.

I fill rods up on port side. Rods and net in center. 3700’s, lifejackets and misc in starboard box, heck, it’s big enough to store a body.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

Rods in port, tackle and short rods in center, and life jackets, net, throw cushion.....in Starboard locker.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

6. Member
    Rods in port locker more rods in center and lighter baits life jackets in starboard thin heavy baits are behind passenger seat.
    Bullet 21xrd Mercury 300xs

7. Member
    I actually got in my center storage one time when I got caught in a quick storm

8. Member
    My original plan was to use center for 3700’s, but I realized if I do that I block all the storage access up under the front deck or ‘behind the 3700’s.

9. Member
    I put all the rods in the center . Port and starboard boxes are all boxes and net plastics one side hard baits the other. Back dry storage has vests rain suits throw cushion and miscellaneous items.

10. Member
    I use the passenger side box for my partners rods. I use the drivers side box for my rods. I use the center storage for some tackle and up under the deck area I put lighter stuff that I may not need very often. I also have a rod storage system mounted around the opening up both sides and across the bottom of the deck. This still leaves plenty of room to put stuff further up in there. I just have a hard time just using the center storage as just a rod box. Too much wasted space for me. My passenger side box has a rod storage system too. Drivers side doesn’t and I can just stack rods in there.
    Last edited by BULLET FAN; 12-11-2018 at 09:48 PM.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!