Garmin 93sv plus image with livescope questions

Would I get better imaging if I went with a higher end unit than the 93sv plus? My eyes aren’t the greatest anymore.

I sometimes troll for muskies at 3-5 mph. If I mount livescope transducer to my trolling will it work at those speeds and what is the cone angle?

Thanks

2. Member
    There is not a good way to equitably compare the image on a Plus 93sv with GPSMAP units. Images on GPSMAP units can be compared when they are networked. The same exact image can be then be displayed on multiple screens and compared. However it is reasonable to expect that the better the screen resolution the better the image.

Trolling. 3 mph is workable but I would still have the trails turned on. Not so sure about 5 mph. It depends on which way the transducer is pointed. If it is pointed straight ahead or straight back it would probably work. If you are pointed to the right or left, I think 5 mph is too fast.

Cone angle. I do not like to describe the viewing area of Panoptix or LiveScope in terms of a cone angle. That is a single element characteristic like you see in 2d transducers. You know in them that the farther away you get the wider the cone. Panoptix and LiveScope transducers have many elements that are fired in such a way to produce a coverage area and able to determine both distance and depth of objects. The specification states 20 x 135 degrees. My experience is that the coverage area is small near the transducer and then widens for a ways and then tapers to very narrow. The widest part seems to be approx 20 to 40 ft away.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    Thanks for the information LWINCHESTER2.

4. Member
    My experience is that the coverage area is small near the transducer and then widens for a ways and then tapers to very narrow. The widest part seems to be approx 20 to 40 ft away.

I agree 100% with this statement LW. I describe it to people as football shaped.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoffy1337 View Post
    Thanks for the information LWINCHESTER2.
    good stuff..