Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I absolutely agree, this is plum crazy!! This mentality has to stop!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

2. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Aunt Flow makes them crazier than usual

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Flippin 416 View Post
    I agree....but unfortunately I don't see it happening.

This year the city I live in had to remove it's nativity scene from public property and move it across the street to a church that offered to set it up on their private property. This was after our city received a letter from the Freedom From Religion Group in Wisconsin. They also forced our city to relocate the 10 Commandments display.

Here is the article from the FFRF website
    https://ffrf.org/news/news-releases/...o-public-space
    Your City folded without a fight.

And yet people still deny that there is a war on Christmas.

Ranger Z521 Mercury 250 Pro XS

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post
    Your City folded without a fight.
    No...my city evaluated the financial repercussions VS the ultimate outcome and decided to take the route that ultimately would have been the end result of a court battle. I have the utmost respect for our small town mayor and his staff and would not have wanted to be in their shoes when this letter came rolling in. They took allot of heat for their decision, which I support. The nativity scene is STILL on display and the Ten Commandments display is now more visible than it was before.

We need more candy canes then

7. Banned
    No...my city evaluated the financial repercussions VS the ultimate outcome and decided to take the route that ultimately would have been the end result of a court battle. I have the utmost respect for our small town mayor and his staff and would not have wanted to be in their shoes when this letter came rolling in. They took allot of heat for their decision, which I support. The nativity scene is STILL on display and the Ten Commandments display is now more visible than it was before.
    Folded, because they felt it wasn't worth the money. This is why "these people" do what they do, because government entities evaluate the potential cost and fold.

8. Member
    Sadly this is the way the society has been becoming slowly.

There was a far worse story here in Omaha about a teacher or principal wanting to ban anything related to Christmas in her school including Christmas songs, Christmas decor and any words associated with Christmas.

The level of “I am offended by _______” has gotten way out of hand

It's not the letter 'j" for Jesus, it represents a shepherd's staff, last I knew a shepherd could be of any religion or none at all.

This year the city I live in had to remove it's nativity scene from public property and move it across the street to a church that offered to set it up on their private property. This was after our city received a letter from the Freedom From Religion Group in Wisconsin. They also forced our city to relocate the 10 Commandments display.

I think this what these wackadoos don't understand. It isn't freedom from religion, it is freedom of religion.
    "No one is useless in the world who lightens the burden of another" Charles Dickens

"Just because I do not agree with you does not mean I hate you or that I do not respect your opinion. We need to relearn that in our society."

2004 Ranger 521DVX
    2004 Yamaha Vmax HPDI 250

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post
    Folded, because they felt it wasn't worth the money. This is why "these people" do what they do, because government entities evaluate the potential cost and fold.
    I understand your point of view....I also understand why my city chose to do what they did. Can we leave it at that and move on?

12. Member
    Only 32,000 members nation wide yet we are letting them dictate what is to transpire. That's how organizations like this get power, it is given to them by self subjection.

The Freedom From Religion Foundation is a national nonprofit organization with 32,000 members and several chapters across the country, including almost 800 members and a chapter in Ohio. Its purposes are to protect the constitutional principle of separation between state and church, and to educate the public on matters relating to nontheism.
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

13. Banned
    I'm a big believer in separation of church and state, and of keeping religion out of public schools, but this is just silly. I can, however, think of a reason that I might ban candy canes if I was a school administrator. DOC might relate to this. You can basically suck on a candy cane until it comes to a really sharp point; basically a candy shank. I definitely remember having candy cane shank fights with my friends in middle school.

14. Member

I've read the Constitution many times and still haven't found a right to be free of Religion.

Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    He should be fired. People like that who have no common sense should not be in the position he is in.
    It's a she. More than just candy canes, elf's, reindeer, Christmas Songs ect.ect. The parents are the ones that raised the stink---- BUT, they said they still like her, she is good in her postion. REALLY?? And that folks, is why we have a problem.

In other news, a 41 year old coach that was sentence to 10 years in prison, 9 months ago, was released yesterday. He was convicted of assaulting a 14 year old student. The judge released him on probation. Council Bluffs. ------ Again, judges are the problem

16. Member
    MERRY CHRISTMAS to ALL there I said it. I guess there is no end of stupid. I always thought the candy cane was a representation of the Sheppard's hooked cane. But in this case it should be used to yank this nut case off stage
    Risen From The Ashes!!

17. Member
    It is a war on common sense - limit not the scope of this lunacy.
    Do not take your half in the middle ....

18. Member
    Sadly this is the way the society has been becoming slowly.

There was a far worse story here in Omaha about a teacher or principal wanting to ban anything related to Christmas in her school including Christmas songs, Christmas decor and any words associated with Christmas.

The level of “I am offended by _______” has gotten way out of hand

The bottom line they have more will to impose their beliefs than we do to safeguard ours.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff La View Post
    Only 32,000 members nation wide yet we are letting them dictate what is to transpire. That's how organizations like this get power, it is given to them by self subjection.

The Freedom From Religion Foundation is a national nonprofit organization with 32,000 members and several chapters across the country, including almost 800 members and a chapter in Ohio. Its purposes are to protect the constitutional principle of separation between state and church, and to educate the public on matters relating to nontheism.
    The bad thing is they will let one person dictate how 1000 other people have to things.
    Hi Mike.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast