Thread: Quality blades

Quality blades

A few weeks ago I ordered about 20 packs of premium finish blades from Lure Parts. I wasn’t really satisfied with those so I ordered another 20 packs in the regal finish. They still seem really cheap. I was thinking a real silver and gold coating would add some thickness/weight but they’re still paper thin. Aside from hildebrant, who makes a decent blade? It’s been a while since I ordered any blades from Barlow’s but I remember them being kinda small. I don’t remember what finish I ordered from them so it’s hard to compare quality.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    Do you know what dealers sell them or will worth sell direct in smaller quantities? 1000 blades is too much for what I’m doing.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jacob461 View Post
    Do you know what dealers sell them or will worth sell direct in smaller quantities? 1000 blades is too much for what I’m doing.
    I believe what Barlow's sells is Worth blades and it would make sense if they seemed small. Lakeland is sold by LPO and the sizes between Worth and Lakeland are the same up to the size #4, after that Lakeland is 1/2 size larger. A #4.5 Lakeland blade is the same as the #5 Worth, and a #5 Lakeland is a #5.5 Worth then the size #6 and #7 are the same. I get the blades I use most directly from Worth but when I need 100 or less I go to Barlow's Tackle and they have 3 levels of finish, economy which is cheap, premium which is good and the ultra premium which are really nice. BTW I believe you can order less than the minimum from Worth but you pay a small charge if you go under.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smalljaw67 View Post
    I believe what Barlow's sells is Worth blades and it would make sense if they seemed small. Lakeland is sold by LPO and the sizes between Worth and Lakeland are the same up to the size #4, after that Lakeland is 1/2 size larger. A #4.5 Lakeland blade is the same as the #5 Worth, and a #5 Lakeland is a #5.5 Worth then the size #6 and #7 are the same. I get the blades I use most directly from Worth but when I need 100 or less I go to Barlow's Tackle and they have 3 levels of finish, economy which is cheap, premium which is good and the ultra premium which are really nice. BTW I believe you can order less than the minimum from Worth but you pay a small charge if you go under.
    I’ll try them out. I don’t really build spinnerbaits typically. Mainly just modify ones that I buy so I don’t need a ton of blades. I like to have about 10 of each in a 3700 box so I can change what I need on the water.

7. BBC SPONSOR
    For what it's worth, we carry blades from all the major manufacturers, including Worth and Lakeland.

-Barlow's

Quote Originally Posted by Smalljaw67 View Post