Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Megabass Vision 110 really that good...?

Vs other brands? They are beautiful but I don’t care about how pretty they are. KVD crushes them on an $8 Strike King with a crap paint job. The water I fish is typically stained so I’m not sure it really matters.

2. Banned
    I can say it's an unbelievable bait and definitely catches lots of fish. They not cheap and I can't justify the price especially fishing here in Ontario. Every lake I fish has pike and pike love jerbsits. $35 jerkbait vs 20" pike loses every time.

Quote Originally Posted by 1fejj View Post
    Vs other brands? They are beautiful but I don’t care about how pretty they are. KVD crushes them on an $8 Strike King with a crap paint job. The water I fish is typically stained so I’m not sure it really matters.
    They don't work on lake Norman I have tried for years, save your money.

4. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Forgive my stupidity but our board sponsor kdsfishing.com has a suspending jerkbait that looks to be really close in shape but significantly cheaper! Any input on that bait? I use the KVD ones and they catch plenty of fish in Florida but I’ve always wanted to try the KDS line.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

5. Member
    You are really naive if you think KVD or any other pro is crushing them on the baits they are telling you they are catching them on!

6. Member
    And yes they are that good

7. Member
    IDk I have had luck on a variety from rapala, rogue, duel, ima, lucky craft.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbassman View Post
    And yes they are that good
    Agree

9. Member
    Agree +1

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishandfowl loco View Post
    Lol.

I've had success on Lucky Crafts and Megabass...it all about the bite, cadence, and size.

As far as my go to...Megabass is now tied on more than my lucky crafts. But that's because I've won money on throwing them.
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

12. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    I should quit putting the LC box in the boat, once upon a time it got a lot of use until the damn 110 was introduced to me.............

13. Member
    ok guys, i have several 110's and love the way they look but i also use the luck-E-strike RC STX that are pretty much a knock off of the 110 and have caught just as many fish on the STX, the last batch of 110's i bought the clear coat started coming off of them the first day i used them. so what makes the 110 so much better? i can buy three of the luck-e-strikes and change the hooks out for what i can buy one of the 110's for.
    not disagreeing that they're good, but what makes them so much better

" A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

15. Member
    Sometimes they are, sometimes they are not. The deep lucky crafts are better in deep and/or very cold water.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir fishalot View Post
    ok guys, i have several 110's and love the way they look but i also use the luck-E-strike RC STX that are pretty much a knock off of the 110 and have caught just as many fish on the STX, the last batch of 110's i bought the clear coat started coming off of them the first day i used them. so what makes the 110 so much better? i can buy three of the luck-e-strikes and change the hooks out for what i can buy one of the 110's for.

Megabass 110s are basically a hand built and hand painted custom lure. They are not a big mass produced assembly line bait. They are built with premium components and features. Their design and performance has inspired many knockoffs for a reason. Whether they are worth it to you or not is your decision but they have a place in many boats including guys that fish for a living that are not associated with Megabass.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishandfowl loco View Post
    Haha... But do you catch big ones on it at Norman? I tend to keep a jig and crankbait in my hands this time of year.

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1fejj View Post
    Haha... But do you catch big ones on it at Norman? I tend to keep a jig and crankbait in my hands this time of year.
    I've caught some nice fish on a 110 in Stumpy creek.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir fishalot View Post
    I also fish the luck E strike stx but if you fish them next to each other I think you will see that the 100 has better dart action and suspends dead still while the stx rolls more and tends to slowly float. Also the 110 have tungsten balls and cast better.

20. Member
    Great action/horrible colors.

If they’d make colors for NE Texas lakes, it would be nice. The Katsuge hooks break and rust.

I have two that I’ve repainted and changed the hooks on them. They catch fish now. That said, I do catch more on a Strike King 300. Maybe my paint jobs need work?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast