Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    110 Pro Blue��
    Chris Beverly
    2005 Champion 206 Mercury Verado 275!!!

2. Member
    I bet the breaking hooks is from pliers when unhooking fish. That's the only time I've broke hooks.

3. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar

Y’all forced me to do it! My early bday present! They will be tested this weekend!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

4. Member
    Suspending Pro Rogue in CLOWN color is all you need.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/avatars/longrodder.gif?type=sigpic&dateline=1383747738

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishandfowl loco View Post
    They don't work on lake Norman I have tried for years, save your money.

6. Member
    I have many jerkbaits and never believed there would be much difference, that is until I finally bought some megabass 110s. I'm a believer in these baits now! It's become an addiction..lol. It's is hard for me to pick up another rod at times and I have to tell myself put that darn megabass down! I have boxes of them on the boat now. I don't believe I have ever been skunked when throwing these baits. I have even caught several species of catfish on them..lol. Never had a hook break because of a fish, only because of my pliers when removing one.

2005 Champion 198 DC Elite
    2005 Mercury Optimax-225hp (Serial#1B073011)

7. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Ok so this seems to come down to not only the lure itself but you guys have a LOT of comfidence in the 110. Do you fish it any differently?
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

8. Member
    It’s been my experience that the bait that works best is the one you have confidence in. That confidence puts you in better cadence, keeps you focused on presentation.I once fished a hustler tournament with a friend that had the “only frog he could get them to eat”. I proved my point by drilling out a floating golf ball . One hole all the way through , two small ones for weed guards, and one in the bottom to add weight. One frog hook, some piano wire , and a swivel later I proceeded to “PUT “my way to a solid limit on a golf ball.. it was all about location and cadence. throw the one your head says throw”

9. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    There might be a little more to a suspending jerkbaits action than simply cadence. I get what you are saying but..............

10. Member
    Dick's has their 110's 25% off until tonight. Just bought some for $18.75 each.

When the Suspending Rogues and Xpress Ultimate Jerk Shads stop working, I’ll start spending $25.00 a pop on Vision 110s.
    They’ve served me well for years.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

12. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    Not everyone can afford them!

13. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I’m glad you guys twisted my arm! First 2 casts with the Diamanté =2 bass; caught one bass and a pickerel on the 110; and almost had a double on the FlapSlap but one got off about 10’ from the boat.

I can already tell this is gonna get real expensive real fast!

Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    When the Suspending Rogues and Xpress Ultimate Jerk Shads stop working, I’ll start spending $25.00 a pop on Vision 110s.
    They’ve served me well for years.

To each his own. Hope you keep catching them on the baits of your choice.

15. Member
    I have a black Bass Mafia deep cranking coffin box full of the 110's. I have that box in my boat and a 110 tied on and in my rod locker 100% of the time I take my boat out. There is not a time of year that it won't catch fish. I use them heavily between now and March, but have caught fish for me every month of the year. They are certainly one of my confidence baits. As previously mentioned, these baits for all intent and purposes are a custom bait. They are more fragile and I believe the hooks are an important part of the bait. Like Mark mentioned before, fish with the baits you have the most confidence in and you'll catch more fish. Oh! By the way, these baits do not work in Oklahoma!

16. Member
    The hooks are definitely part of what makes the 110 special. A lot of people change the hooks out but are damaging the action of the bait. On YouTube there is a great video of different hooks being used and can easily see that others are a detriment to the action.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sokyangler View Post
    Buy one first and try it out. Can always sell on the boards. I've been impressed with them. There is one color that is just magical on smallmouth.
    OK, don't leave us hanging, please, what is the magical smallmouth color?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rudapa View Post
    I replace them with VMC barbarian outbarb hooks when I mess a hook up. They are darn near identical to the originals. Otherwise I replace the hooks with the same MB hooks they come with.
    My understanding is that VMC makes the Katsuage hooks for Megabass....
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

19. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Those hooks, with the small barbs on the outside are sticky to say the least! I was checking to make sure my 110 was ok last night when I was about to order another one and it touched my wife’s Michael Kors jacket and I couldn’t get that thing out!

She got the jacket this weekend so I was like NOOOO! I finally got it out without damaging the jacket but those thin hooks def allow their baits to have the extra action they do.

The fish i caught on the 110 last weekend came on a slow steady retrieve which doesn’t usually happen for me. Learning this new bait is fun.

Don't know what all the hoopla is about the 110 - but figured I must be missing out. Ran to BPS today and got the 110 in Pro Blue. We'll see what happens!
    2005 Ranger 185DVS

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast