Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Im sure they are great---But i have done to well on rogues and also lately the Berkley Cutter to change
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

2. Member
    Buy one first and try it out. Can always sell on the boards. I've been impressed with them. There is one color that is just magical on smallmouth.

3. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fishandfowl loco View Post
    They don't work on lake Norman I have tried for years, save your money.
    Joel, they work great here.

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

4. Member
    I have a couple...zero fish between them. LC Flash pointers are my go-to. I haven't given up on the 110, but when I can throw the LC, catch fish, then put the 110 on and stop catching, and it happen multiple times, it's hard to get confidence in a bait. I personally think confidence matters more. If you aren't confident in it, you won't throw it where you normally would, you won't work it how you normally would.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

5. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    You need someone in the boat to hand you your a$$ and then you'll know.

6. Member
    two of them were brand new that I just bought 2 weeks ago, I took it out fishing for the first time the other day (46 degree - 48 degree water temp) and they sunk fast. I'm going to send them in to see what they can do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Use this form and if they are defective they will be replaced.
    https://megabassusa.com/contact-us/
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

If someone can only afford a few 110's, what colors should they buy?
    99' 201 Pro Elite
    08' Evinrude 225 HO

Quote Originally Posted by e-tec View Post
    If someone can only afford a few 110's, what colors should they buy?

MB Gizzard
    Mat shad
    Pro Blue
    Elegy bone

9. Member
    For you guys that fish the Megabass 110's, do you keep the stock outbarb hooks on them or do you change them out?

Quote Originally Posted by SethRstein View Post
    For you guys that fish the Megabass 110's, do you keep the stock outbarb hooks on them or do you change them out?

I keep them on. They were designed with that hook and it plays a part in the way they suspend etc. Personally I have never had an issue with the stock hooks.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    I keep them on. They were designed with that hook and it plays a part in the way they suspend etc. Personally I have never had an issue with the stock hooks.
    everyone i know changes out the hooks, because stock ones break

12. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    They don't break if you set your drag a little. The stock hooks are the stickiest hooks I've ever used. I like them a bunch and can't imagine changing them out. If you horse fish in then yes they will break or straighten out. They'd be no good for docks or heavy cover. My jerkbait fishing is usually just steep drops or flats were there are shad balls, so I can afford to let the fish play around some. I rarely ever straighten a hook out anymore unless a big wiper comes to play! I think I mess them up the most when unhooking fish!

Quote Originally Posted by clearlake outdoors View Post
    everyone i know changes out the hooks, because stock ones break

To each his own. I am stating what I know to be true in that the bait was designed with the stock hooks in mind to maximize performance of the bait. In addition we sell quite a few of the replacement hook packs and many people swear by the stocks hooks and only buy the same to replace them when needed. I occasionally stumble on a big fish or two here in Texas and I have yet to have a hook failure in any way with stock 110 hooks. That being said if a guy wants to swap them to something else he should do what gives him the most confidence in.

14. Mid-West Rally Moderator rudapa's Avatar
    I replace them with VMC barbarian outbarb hooks when I mess a hook up. They are darn near identical to the originals. Otherwise I replace the hooks with the same MB hooks they come with.

15. Member
    As Mark Perry said, the katsuage outbarb hooks are made for enr 110, or the other way around. But they're incredibly sharp and simply hold fish. If you're bending or breaking them on fish I'd venture to guess you'd tear out a regular size 6 hook. Nonetheless, the 110 is very sensitive to changes in weight and balance. Venturing away from the factory outbarb hook can change the action and slow float/ suspension qualities. The only hook that I know of that weighs the same is the gamakatsu nano finesse treble.

16. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Yet the Flap Slap comes with kinda crappy looking hooks? Would you change those to a Gamakatsu? The color of the hook is what bothers me, especially for a crank/jerkbait.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    Yet the Flap Slap comes with kinda crappy looking hooks? Would you change those to a Gamakatsu? The color of the hook is what bothers me, especially for a crank/jerkbait.

What did you find crappy about them?...I have never had a need to change any of those out.
    Last edited by Mark Perry; 12-12-2018 at 01:43 PM.

18. Member
    They are without a doubt my go to jerkbait. I fish the jr, 110, and 110 +1 they all work great and outcast any other JB which is important when they come up schooling. I had a 110 +1 that was sinking like a rock and Field and Stream took it back as defective. As far as the hooks they are VERY sticky! Can be a pain with gloves on because if you touch it it's gotcha. I have broke some hooks but usually unhooking a fish and grabbing a single hook with pliers. The guys I fish with didn't want to pay $25 for one but they all have!

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rudapa View Post
    I replace them with VMC barbarian outbarb hooks when I mess a hook up. They are darn near identical to the originals. Otherwise I replace the hooks with the same MB hooks they come with.

Bingo. I do the same exact thing. I keep the factory hooks on them until I have caught enough fish on them that they are all starting to bend easily after taking a fish off. Big smallies do a number to light wire hooks, however even with them bending I have yet to be able to blame the hooks on a fish getting off. Once they get weak, I change them out to the VMC and that’s only because I can walk into my local field and stream and get on the shelf replacements... otherwise I would put the factory ones back on.

Quote Originally Posted by 98 Elite203 View Post
    Bingo. I do the same exact thing. I keep the factory hooks on them until I have caught enough fish on them that they are all starting to bend easily after taking a fish off. Big smallies do a number to light wire hooks, however even with them bending I have yet to be able to blame the hooks on a fish getting off. Once they get weak, I change them out to the VMC and that’s only because I can walk into my local field and stream and get on the shelf replacements... otherwise I would put the factory ones back on.
    Any MB can get the replacement hooks. They are inexpensive as well.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast