Boat engine repair

Anyone local to the Batavia area work on engines besides the dealers? I have a spark plug with a bad thread that either needs retapped or insert put in. 250 optimax pro XS

If it were my motor, I would take it to Dixie Marine and let them do the job. I trailered my R91 4 1/2 hours one way to have them do a job that my local dealer had screwed up. It was worth the drive.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

3. Member
    If your close to east Palestine Ohio try the outboard guy, he does good work at a fair price. 330-886-8513

4. Member
    Take it to Dixie Marine in Fairfield. Being it’s a Mercury they have the best Merc tech around Brian Wolfe. Bar none the guy is the best.
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

5. Member
    Its a drive to Dayton but Ed at Miami Valley Marine does great work for less $

6. Banned
    I'd have a hard time taking my Pro XS to a guy... Just me I guess... Dan

7. Member
    dixie!!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

8. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    I'd have a hard time taking my Pro XS to a guy... Just me I guess... Dan

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

9. Member
    Ed from Miami Valley Marine is extremely knowledgeable on all makes/models. Performance mercury motors as well. He completely rebuild my friends promax . He is extremely detail oriented and takes zero shortcuts. Zero issues out of the motor to date. He is very personable and is reasonably priced. He has given me lots of free advice on repairs that has kept my boats out of the shop and on the water.

10. Member
    Glad to see others have used Ed. He does great work for less $

Quote Originally Posted by Generator View Post
    Take it to Dixie Marine in Fairfield. Being it’s a Mercury they have the best Merc tech around Brian Wolfe. Bar none the guy is the best.
    As several have stated, when it comes to Mercury (or any motor for that matter) Woelfle is the absolute best.. Take it to Dixie and have Brian do the work..

12. Member
    Brian Wolf at Dixie is the only Mercury tech that I trust.