Jack Plate vs No Jack Plate

Hello,

I am seriously considering an AVX 1980 and was wondering if the offered jack plates make any difference in speed or are just a place to mount PP/Talons? Thanks

2. Member
    I got the manual jack plate on my 1980 just in case I wanted to add anchor poles later. That way the warranty is not effected since the jack plate was factory installed. It was cheap insurance IMO. I’m sure there can be a small amount of performance gained by having one since the prop is a little farther back so it gets “cleaner “ water they say. I’m sure the hydraulic one would give better performance since it can be adjusted from the steering wheel while running.

3. Member
    A jackplate is not designed as a place to mount a PP....PP made adapters to put them on easier that way. Jackplates are designed for set back and shallow water take off.

4. Member
    Jack plate also gets the engine or of the way of sidescan. That alone makes it with the cost IMO.

5. Member
    I asked Vexus about the manual jack plate and they replied with the following:

The manual plate will give you 1-2 MPH and if you want power poles we mount the brackets to the jackplate. It is not necessary really unless you want power poles.

i just order my 1980 today. Can’t wait!