Ranger 2009 trailer bearings

I recently purchased a 2009 Ranger tandem-axle trailer. I was wondering what the expected lifespan of the wheel bearings are? I noticed one of the wheels has a wobble didn't know if these are serviceable or not? They're not the oil-filled hubs they appear to be the Vortex hubs. Can these be repacked? Or is it easier to by entire spindle and hub?
    Last edited by Hotsyhog; 12-06-2018 at 10:51 AM.

2. Member
    They can be rebuilt with individual components or replaced as a whole. Tear them down and determine what components are bad. The last complete hub spindle assembly I purchased from Ranger Parts was around $90. If you decide to replace the entire assembly the tapered spindle may be a challenge to remove. Heat and a big hammer or small sledgehammer will be your friend. Also if you beat it out of its fit it will fly like a missile. So protect yourself and anything down range.

Just leave the nut on a couple of threads when you beat it out and it wont be a projectile.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

4. Member
    I just changed 3 of mine to vortex hubs. Not bad job but a torch is a must. It comes w/ the spindle if you get it from ranger