Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Seems like the smaller fish have a harder time with perishing after coming from deep water. I fish several smaller lakes around Fork and find this to be the norm. Bigger fish, for the most part, seem to handle the stress better. I throw them back and if they float, I just pick them up with the net and throw them in the livewell. I like the 10" to 12" the best for eating. They fry quickly.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

2. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    I feel they are big enough, I grease them. Period. 10” to 3lb 7 oz.... i look at it like this. As long as that fish has spawned and had one baby survive, it did it’s job. By the time they get 3lbs I’d imagine they passed on plenty of genes. I eat em

3. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by haftafish22 View Post
    I feel they are big enough, I grease them. Period. 10” to 3lb 7 oz.... i look at it like this. As long as that fish has spawned and had one baby survive, it did it’s job. By the time they get 3lbs I’d imagine they passed on plenty of genes. I eat em
    Cooked correctly, they all taste delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by SOONER*REDNECK View Post
    I know a lot of people who will eat anything they catch. I also know a few guides and tourny guys who say you need to release anything over 2lbs to live another day. I have not always done this but lately if I catch a hawg I will take a few pics and release it. I have eaten them before as well so I am not against that either. Whats your thoughts?
    As far as blue hill and crappie I think the best tasting ones are just under a pound to just under 2 pounds so I throw all the rest back

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12