Battery bounce and units reset

I have an HDS 9 and an HDS 12 on my rig. While going down the lake, when I hit a wave, my units reset. Is this a battery issue or a wiring issue.

2. Member
    Sounds like a wiring issue. You have a loose wire or connection somewhere but it could also be on the battery. Time to start chasing wires. If you can’t find it,run a dedicated new wire to the units.

3. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I had a similar problems a few years ago.....all was fine when i was trolling around but once i got on pad, unit would shut down.....i tried wiggling the wires while sitting still, no issue.......i came to my own conclusion it was the battery, got it replaced and no issues after that......like said, trace all wires and check connections first prior to pulling battery.....if you have a spare battery or one you can swap out do that and see if the issue still exist.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

4. Member
    What kind of boat do you have?
    2018 Ranger RT178
    Yamaha 75hp
    Atlas Micro Jacker
    80lb Minn Kota Ultrex

5. Member
    The lands of the former Republic of Texas
    Yes, have seen batteries show a problem and as well have seen sonar units have the problem....not always boat wiring.

Place a Voltmeter on the battery set to the PEAK/MIN setting and make a run across the lake until failure and then you will know.