Comfortroll D-lux Tray and the Ultrex

Sorry if this is a repost but could use a little needed courage to put the hole in my boat. Already put the troller on. Just need some direction and advice on putting the tray in. My floater is a 2007 20xrd.
    Bullet 20 XRD / 225 Merc Sport XS

2. Member
    I just put one in my Ranger last winter, it’s a little unnerving to say the least but I felt it was 100% worth it in the end and you’re going to like the deluxe. Not sure about Bullet specifics but tape everything off and follow the template, you’ll be just fine
    Good luck, Scott

The brace for the front deck is approximately 12” back from the front panel or carpet edge..
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    The brace for the front deck is approximately 12” back from the front panel or carpet edge..
    So its probably not a good idea to cut into the brace?
    Bullet 20 XRD / 225 Merc Sport XS

5. Member
    I just put one in my 21xdc. The insulation is thick. Measure 3 times (make sure it is straight) and make sure it is what 'fits' you when fishing whether standing or leaning. Bullet puts their seat pedestal much farther back than most. I also had to remove 4 of my rod tubes for center compartment.

6. Member
    I had a hard time finally get the balls to cut mine, But i would never fish out of a boat without a tray anymore. On my 20XD i didn;t have to cut any braces. On my buddys 21XD we had to cut one of the braces.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TivisMinton View Post
    So its probably not a good idea to cut into the brace?
    On most of the older bullets you will have to cut through the brace to get it positioned right. It's no big deal if you do. Once you screw the tray down it will stiffen up the deck again. The deck does have wood in it and you need to get some resin to cover where you made the cut. I usually put 2-3 coats on it and allow it to dry before putting in the tray. I also put a bead of silicon underneath the lip of the tray for added protection from water seeping through under the tray.

8. Member
    Put it where it is comfortable for you. Don't worry about the brace if you have to cut it it isn't a big deal. Like Matt Wayne said I always coat wine with a resin after I cut it.
    SUSHII
    21XRS/SHO

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by barbarian View Post
    I just put one in my 21xdc. The insulation is thick. Measure 3 times (make sure it is straight) and make sure it is what 'fits' you when fishing whether standing or leaning. Bullet puts their seat pedestal much farther back than most. I also had to remove 4 of my rod tubes for center compartment.

If you use the center rod storage you can put the tubes in after the tray is installed. I usually slide them back to make the cut then move them back into place.
    SUSHII
    21XRS/SHO

TivisMinton you have a PM ...
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com