Thread: Nitro 482

Nitro 482

This is my first nitro boat it has 115 opt on the back can I add my transom 360 or will I have hole shot problems it's already slow getting up with 2 people and a full boat of fishing tackle
    Would a jacking plate help?

2. Member
    I have a nx750 with a 115 ELPTO which is the generation before the 482. As far as adding the 360 do you mean the Humminbird transducer? If so it will not affect hole shot at all. Just make sure it’s set right though I have issues with my transducer that it won’t read while on plane even though it’s in the same spot as the old one was.

How sluggish is the holeshot, like does it just push water for a few seconds before it really jumps speed or does it pick up speed good just doesn’t hop on plane quickly? The reason I’m asking is because I had both issues when I bought my boat and have since figured out the issues with mine. The first issue is a fuel line related problem due to ethenol. The original fuel lines aren’t rated for ethanol and even if yours looks in decent shape, I’d replace them as soon as you can. Ethanol will begin to wear down the liner and construct fuel flow, those line rememants can enter the motor and then you have a bigger problem. Since changing my fuel lines, the boat picks up speed a lot quicker and doesn’t push water as bad.

the second issue is a trim related problem. Adding a hydrofoil on the back helps it plane out quicker than usual although I know some guys don’t like to add them to the boat. Keep the trim all the way down until the boat rises on plane and then adjust the trim. The jackplate only helps pick up too end speed mostly.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

3. Member
    Thanks for that excellent information

Great advice on replacing the gas lines. I replaced mine also.
    I have a 06 482 with a 6" jackplate.
    What prop do you have ?
    I have a laser 11 that came with the boat. It came with 3 large pvs plugs. I finally pulled one completely out this year and its like a new boat. Much better hole shot.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

5. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    '07 482, here... 115 Opti, no jack plate, stock 21p Laser II.

Pulled two PVS plugs (single large plug remaining)... Holeshot is adequate under a load.

And yes, absolutely... change out the fuel lines if you haven't done so.
    Who controls John Gill?