2007 Tandum Trailer Vortex rotor/hub size?

Replaced the non brake hubs last season, need to replace the brakes/hubs/rotor this winter does any one the size or part number for the Tie Down Vortex kits, also what bake pads it might use? Thanks Its a 2007 tandum trailer with the surge brakes located on the rear axle.
    2007 Nitro 929CDX, 225 Mercury Opti.
    Hummingbird Helix 10/1199 Lowrance 9/12 carbon/Ultrex

2. Member
    Have you looked at the hubs themselves?
    On my Tie Down hubs there was a part number for the units. You should be able to locate the hub and the associated brake units sometimes in a complete set searching some sites. Some sponsors on here may be able to help you.

3. Member
    If no sponsors are able to help you...check here. They have a ton of Tie Down Engineering replacement parts.

https://www.easternmarine.com/

4. Member
    The way I understand it there are basically 4 Vortex models to choose from - and they have a couple of YouTube videos to help you pick - there is a 4 lug, a 6 lug, and (2) 5 lug Vortex hubs. The 5 lugs (probably what you will need) are broken into a Straight Axle and a Tapered Axle versions. My 2011 Trailer, updated in 2014 (see below) uses the 5 lug Straight Axle - as do most current Nitro Trailers with Vortex hubs. The brakes are where things may or may not get complicated.

In 2014 I replaced my and axles and hubs. This was done because I had a couple of failures with my traditional hubs and some very odd Tire wear (possible bent axle) and wanted to make a change to try Vortex. The problem was my original brake Rotor/hub combo was basically one part (Rotor and hub were one piece - but could have used Vortex on the non-brake hub) and the new axles with Brake Caliper and separate Rotor allowed me to use Vortex hubs while the prior set up did not. Now I also carry a spare Vortex hub - and while I wouldn't want to - I could change the non-Brake hub on the side of the road in a just a few minutes - the Brake hub would take a bit longer though.

I trailer a good amount (15k-sometimes 20k+/yr) and did have one Vortex Hub failure - but not the fault of the hub. I had one begin to spit grease last year - pulled the hub and found about 10 feet of mono wrapped around the axle which burned the inner seal - but didn't hurt the axle. I ordered up a new hub and no problems since.

Good Luck.

-Jonathan
    Jonathan Adkins
    2022 Nitro Z21xl 250 ProXS4S
    HDSLive12s/Ghost/AT2/G360

Thanks
    2007 Nitro 929CDX, 225 Mercury Opti.
    Hummingbird Helix 10/1199 Lowrance 9/12 carbon/Ultrex