Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Well, its been set guys. Staying on Webber Pond 9/25 thru 6/2. Looking forward to getting around the lakes up there. As we get closer any suggestions would be appriciated. Also, if you know of any odd rules/regulations I need to know that you could pass on would be great. I see that I have to register/pay Maine to put my boat in the water there. Thanks.

2. Member
    No Lead.
    Red Sox in 6!

5/25 to 6/2? And you need a weed sticker ($20), not a registration.

4. Member
    All good info, thanks. You even caught my typo, I will be there 8/25 thru 9/2.

5. Member
    It's almost time, going to be there Aug. 25 thru Sept. 2. Didn't realize at the time that it was Labor Day, but that is the way the work schedule landed.

My wife and I will be visiting several lakes in the area including:
    ThreeMile Pond, Great Pond, China Lake, Messalonskee Lake, Long Pond, Cobbosseecontee Lake, Androscoggin Lake, and Webber Pond.
    Can you tell me which would be best for the Labor Day weekend, based on boat traffic and boat ramp space? Any other fishing specific information you are willing to share would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Scott

6. Member
    Here, now guys, looking forward to this, keep everyone updated, wife already had 2 solid fish from dock.

7. Member
    OK, fished ThreeMile Pond today, 10 or so small fish. Hopefully they get bigger from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Need5fish View Post
    It's almost time, going to be there Aug. 25 thru Sept. 2. Didn't realize at the time that it was Labor Day, but that is the way the work schedule landed.

My wife and I will be visiting several lakes in the area including:
    ThreeMile Pond, Great Pond, China Lake, Messalonskee Lake, Long Pond, Cobbosseecontee Lake, Androscoggin Lake, and Webber Pond.
    Can you tell me which would be best for the Labor Day weekend, based on boat traffic and boat ramp space? Any other fishing specific information you are willing to share would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Scott
    the smaller ponds/lakes would probably be you best bet on the weekend.
    Fart proudly. Author, Benjamin Franklin.

1998 SKEETER ZX 202-C
    150 V-Max TRP
    MinnKota Ultrex-112. All paid with cash of course!

9. Member
    Fished China Lake today. 5 or so largies, biggest was 3#.

What type of baits are you throwing ? You should have bigger and a lot more fish at both

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    What type of baits are you throwing ? You should have bigger and a lot more fish at both
    Jerry,

Fishing topwater early in morning, buzz bait is getting good bites. Primarily fishing shallow 10' and less with the wife with me she doesn't really like blindly casting into open water. Have tried some senko, jig, crankbait, swimjig, flick shake, and chatterbait. Most fish have been coming on moving baits in cabbage. Could always be better, but could also be worse so I am not complaining, especially considering the trip started with a blown wheel bearing 1 1/2 hours into this trip from NC. Always looking to try something different if you care to help.

Thanks,

Scott

12. Member
    Fished the Cobb today. Very nice lake, nothing like what I have fished before. Ended up with about 10 fish, largest being about 4#, rest were primarily small. First time catching some small mouth, they were so small didn't give the fight I was hoping for.

13. Member
    Day off today, wife needed a break, so went to Reid Park in Georgetown. Tomorrow going to Great Pond. Keep everyone updated.

14. Member
    How's the water temps and weather? Are the weeds alive or dead? Headed up there myself next week. Sebago Lake.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Mariner View Post
    How's the water temps and weather? Are the weeds alive or dead? Headed up there myself next week. Sebago Lake.
    Haven't paid too much attention to WT, locals said it dropped 8-10 last Monday after a cold night, it got down to 48 degree air temp. Weeds are still alive. Weather has been perfect, one night of rain but it was over by 8 am. Been in the high 50's low 60's around 5:30 or 6:00 warming to the mid 70's very pleasant for fishing. Suppose to drop again over the next few days. Good luck.

Scott

16. Member
    Went to Great Pond today. Zeroed. One pike, that was it. I tried everything I could think of in my short amount of time but came up with nothing. On to Webber Pond tomorrow, on the bright side I caught 4 fish in about 20 min. from the dock at the house. I should say that I have not spent full days on any of these lakes, been getting there around 5:30-6:00 and leaving around 1-3, due to the wife's limitations. Till tomorrow.

17. Member
    Fished Webber today, caught between 20-30 fish. Mostly small, several around 3#. Caught them in cabbage, under docks, in hydrilla, and other areas with about every type of bait you could imagine. A really enjoyable day. Planning the same again tomorrow.

18. Member
    Way to go Scott! There's really no reason to leave where your at. Glad you and the Mrs. got into them and had some fun. Especially after some frustrating days.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffhills View Post
    Way to go Scott! There's really no reason to leave where your at. Glad you and the Mrs. got into them and had some fun. Especially after some frustrating days.
    Ruff,
    I don't really get frustrated out on the water, I'm pretty patient, if I don't catch them, five minutes after I leave the ramp I am ready to go back and try again. Thanks for your support.

20. Member
    Fished Webber on Sunday with my wife. She had a good day. It was here best day getting 10 or so in a short time, later she went on to tell me that was her whole point of the trip she had chosen. I will wrap this post up when I get home and can resize some photos.

Scott

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast