Dale Hallow help

Hoping you guys can help a first timer on dale hallow out with a few tips? Going to try and make a trip in the couple weeks and plan on fishing on the KY side if possible. I know zero about the lake. Any suggestions?

2. Member
    Float and fly, jig and blade bait will cover you. Keep your lure choices simple and fish different depths and structure to see where they are.
    Watch a few float and fly videos on YouTube if you are new to it. It’s a lot of fun. I’ve heard the FF is starting to turn on now and will only get better as the water cools.

3. Member
    I usually don’t make a cast unless I’m graphing fish and bait— drag a football or swimbait on bottom vs blade bait , fish around lions and terns may help if u can’t find above

4. Member
    Lions= loons

5. Member
    Seriously down size your line. Don't throw a jig on 20lb line and get mad when you don't get a bite, I use 12lb Seaguar for a jig. 6-10 for drop shots and blade baits

6. Banned
    Look for out of the ordinary places/bites. Live bait fishermen start harassing them pretty hard in November on the "usual" stuff.

Nothing against live bait fishermen.