Time for a change!

Long story short, i met with a local church last night. I will be attending my first ever bible study tonight!! i am 34 years old and have never been a member of a church. i have a wife, 2 children( 5 year old boy, 3 year old girl) and 1 on the way. I have never been perfect, but my family is my inspiration. little changes, 2 years ago on a sunday afternoon i was putting a dip in, my son asked when i was going to stop...it was my last dip!! a few months back i noticed i was drinking more than i should be, i corrected that and in 2 months i have had 5 beers! well i have a buddy that has been a huge mentor to me, and after a nice talk i decided it was time to make another change in my life, and learn about the lord!

I will be 100% honest i am super nervous to attend my first ever bible study, but also super excited!! wish me luck guys/gals!!

2. Member
    I hope you have a great experience and learn a lot. Prayers for you and your family.

3. Member

Praying

This is the best gift you could give your family and yourself.

I am a member of CBMC which is the Christian Business Mens Connection. This is an organization whose members are Ambassors in the market place.

You can google CBMC in your area and find opportunities to meet and fellowship with other men who will encourage you in your decision to follow in the footsteps of Christ.

You will never regret it and will be on your way to becoming the husband and father God intended you to be.

Scripture reminds us that we are to be the spiritual leaders of our household. Sadly, many men have not fulfilled that responsibility.

Congratulations on your decision.

I bet you will have a great time and learn a lot in the process.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Quote Originally Posted by Dirkhayward View Post
    Long story short, i met with a local church last night. I will be attending my first ever bible study tonight!! i am 34 years old and have never been a member of a church. i have a wife, 2 children( 5 year old boy, 3 year old girl) and 1 on the way. I have never been perfect, but my family is my inspiration. little changes, 2 years ago on a sunday afternoon i was putting a dip in, my son asked when i was going to stop...it was my last dip!! a few months back i noticed i was drinking more than i should be, i corrected that and in 2 months i have had 5 beers! well i have a buddy that has been a huge mentor to me, and after a nice talk i decided it was time to make another change in my life, and learn about the lord!

I will be 100% honest i am super nervous to attend my first ever bible study, but also super excited!! wish me luck guys/gals!!
    There is only one perfect one, and His blood covers us. Many prayers for you and your family. You will not always see the blessings God gives when they happen but they are always there.

John 10:27-28 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

6. Member
    SD you just quoted some of my favorite verses and I refer to them often when sharing the Good News.

7. Member
    Don't be nervous, it's not like anyone is there to condemn you. It's all about learning about Jesus and what he has done for us.
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

8. Member
    Great news. There is so much that is revealed in God's holy word. Truth's about the earth that have just been discovered in the last 500 or so years, but the bible tells us these things and how they happened in Genesis (creation, fossil record explained, the ark was built to the most perfect dimensions for a non powered vessel), Isaiah (Earth is round), Job (Ocean contain springs, Behemoth, earth free floats in space) , Jonah (mountains on the ocean floor), and Ecclesiastes (the jet stream) to name a few. There is so much more in there that proves the bible is God's word and not man's. The more you stay in the word that much more will be revealed. The most important thing the bible tells us is that through faith in Jesus Christ, by his grace alone we are saved.

9. Member
    Less than perfect? Welcome to the club.

Tens of centuries ago, God thru His Holy Spirit wrote this for you--and for all of us:

Who is a God like you,
    who pardons sin and forgives the transgression
    of the remnant of his inheritance?
    You do not stay angry forever
    but delight to show mercy.
    19 You will again have compassion on us;
    you will tread our sins underfoot
    and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea. (Micah 7:18)

(God's accomplishes the above thru Christ)

10. Member
    Time for a change? Change indeed:

"I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh." Ezekiel 36:36

11. Member
    Why does God do the above for sinful, rebellious man (mankind)? --Because of who He is; God is love, God cannot contain His love, expressed in Christ:

"Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
    for his compassions never fail.
    23 They are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness." (Lamentations 3:22-23)
    Last edited by msethsmile; 12-13-2018 at 09:54 AM.

12. Member
    Praise the Lord!

13. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Best to you in your new walk.
    Who controls John Gill?

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sdbrison View Post
    There is only one perfect one, and His blood covers us. Many prayers for you and your family. You will not always see the blessings God gives when they happen but they are always there.

John 10:27-28 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.
    We actually were studying John last night!

15. Member
    Thank you everyone! it was a wonderful experience, i am so excited to start this new journey in life. There is going to be nothing easy about being a christian, but i am ready! i was welcomed by everyone there , they opened their arms to my wife, kids and myself, and welcomed us into their home! not once did i feel judgment was being laid upon us even when i told 1 of the persons that i was 34 and never been to a bible study! thank you all for the kind words, it really is reassuring and helps alot!!

16. Member

17. Member
    Glad to hear you had a wonderful time! I always love to hear "change" being coming to the Lord. Our God is an awesome God! If I may sudjest an idea, get a daily devotional for you and your wife to read each morning. Sarah Young has some great ones for couples or if you'd like more "outdoorsy" type, Duck Commander has a good one. Also look at the book Al Linder wrote about his past and his coming to Christ, that's a great read as well. This is why it's the "most wonderful time of the year," not presents but the birth of our Savior Christ Jesus. Prayers to you and your family and a Merry Christmas

18. Member
    2005 Triton TR20X-Mercury Pro XS 4.6L V-8 250 HP Serial # 3B378953
    2016 Harris Cruiser 24-2016 Mercury150XL-Serial # 2B232319

19. Nobody Special basscattrent's Avatar
    Congratulations brother I was 33 when I accepted Christ it was the best decision that I have ever made bar none. I pray that God will both guide & bless both you and your family. May He fill your heart & home with His presence. May God give you a peace that surpasses your understanding, filling you with the fruits of the Spirit. When you read the bible it not only blesses you it makes you a better father & husband etc.which intern blesses your wife, children, and the people around you.
    Just remember it's not about the fish but they sure are fun to catch.

20. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    Best to you in your new walk.

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live