Thread: Video of deer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Video of deer

I passed on this deer tonight hoping he grows into a really big one. Crappy video but he was 70 yards away and all I had was my iphone to record with.

Charger 210 Elite

2. Member
    You should have punched his ticket.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Junkie View Post
    You should have punched his ticket.
    Yup!

By looking him over I think he is only 3 1/2 years old so has room to grow. If he will stay where he is at until after Sunday he should make it to next year. Season ends Sunday and I am the only one hunting this area.
    Charger 210 Elite

5. Member
    You guys and your trophy ranches. I would have taken either one cause no one is working to improve the herd here.

Trust me most people here will shoot anything. I know I am taking a chance someone else will shoot it once it walks away. That is a chance I will take to try and let them grow.
    I don’t begrudge the guys who shoot whatever they want though; it is their choice. Heck when I was younger I shot plenty of little deer and was dang happy about it.
    Charger 210 Elite

7. Member
    You nor the deer are promised to get older. Carpe Diem!!

You have more patients than me

9. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    He's a dandy and should be very nice next season. Hope you get a crack at him next year. It never bothered me to not fill my tag with a lesser deer than I wanted. Always got my eater doe first anyway. Both firearm seasons are over here now and the deer are pretty jumpy. Drove some fields Monday evening and saw at least 100 deer with a few very nice shooters. I love watching them almost as much as eating them

Dale Sinclair original

Nope... Not here..
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

With the bucks you've killed in the past I would have passed on him too. Nothing at all wrong with giving him a year or two. I am a pure trophy hunter though, If I kill it, it's big enough to go on the wall (I average a buck about every 4 years). I'll kill culls or have one of my guys shoot me a Doe if I want meat.

12. Georgia Bass Club Moderator fishnfool38's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Hunt View Post
    Trust me most people here will shoot anything. I know I am taking a chance someone else will shoot it once it walks away. That is a chance I will take to try and let them grow.
    I don’t begrudge the guys who shoot whatever they want though; it is their choice. Heck when I was younger I shot plenty of little deer and was dang happy about it.
    The way I look at if you would have shot it no way does it have a chance to get any bigger. If someone else kills him that has never killed one that size even better!
    My hats off to you.
    Hopefully you kill a giant.

To me it's not about the kill I can sit and watch them all season and because I do I can if you get my drift.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamB View Post
    You nor the deer are promised to get older. Carpe Diem!!

14. Georgia Bass Club Moderator fishnfool38's Avatar
    But looking at it from my phone this buck is possibly 4.5 his shoulders and hind quarters are somewhat proportional at 3.5 their shoulders normally look huge compared to the rest of their body. His neck flows into his chest and his stomach seems very relaxed and loose especially being after the rut.
    He would definitely be on my list for next year.

Body in North GA (Lake Lanier) - Heart in KS
    IMO you chose correct. Thanks for the vid!
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri

He wouldn't have made it that far around here...lol Nice deer
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

17. Banned
    Good pass, I believe he's 4 1/2. I believe he will be a Main frame 8 again but will add length and mass next year if the conditions are right. Hope you get to see him again next year, maybe you can find his sheds in a month or two.

He wouldn't stand a chance here in this part of Arkansas . He's a dandy and will only get better

19. Member
    That was the right move to pass on him. I passed on a couple built about like him on my farm. One of them was shot though 30 minutes later as soon as he stepped across my property line. My neighbor was happy since it was his biggest buck ever. Hope a couple make it. Just something about grabbing ahold of the horns of a 4.5 or 5.5 year old deer.

That is already a fine buck. I can't wait to see your pic of him next year.

98 Bullet 20XD
    225 Pro Max

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast