Thread: Mercury manuals

Mercury manuals

I just bought a 99 mercury efi 150
    OG802643.
    I bought a used mercury service manual from ebay at a great deal but it says OT409000 and up.
    My question is how much was changed from 99 to he 02 in the efi 2.5 L engines?
    Should I be okay or do I need to look for a 1999?

Thanks
    1994 SWIFT boat 200-SDX
    1999 Mercury EFI 150

2. Member
    I won't swear to it, but I do believe that there has been enough changes/redesigns that if you can find one at a fair price I'd get it.
    1999 Pantera Classic
    1999 Merc 200hp EFI

3. Member
    Do you have a manual for your efi 200 basscat?
    1994 SWIFT boat 200-SDX
    1999 Mercury EFI 150

4. Member
    I think there were actually a good bit of changes from your model year to the 02, I would find the right one.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

5. Member
    I do have one for my '99, but not here at the house. I'll get it and get the manual info from it, it should be the same one you need.
    1999 Pantera Classic
    1999 Merc 200hp EFI

6. Member
    I have a Mercury manual part # 90-824052R3. You should be able to find the part number for the manual you need in the Mercury parts list for your motor. I think it's under service in the parts list.
    It was for a motor I sold with serial number 0G571537.

7. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Blackwoodz- provide the part number of the manual you have.

If you would, please take a moment to review the Forum Announcements, specifically as regards the "bay".

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    Didn't know mentioning where I bought it infringed...but okay.

Manual OT409000
    90-883829 May 2001

My Mercury is OG802643
    1994 SWIFT boat 200-SDX
    1999 Mercury EFI 150

9. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackwoodz View Post

Manual OT409000
    90-883829 May 2001

My Mercury is OG802643
    Since there are significant differences in the powerhead, ignition and fuel systems, you'll want to obtain the correct manual for your engine.

824052R3 is the correct manual for your engine.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwoodz View Post

Manual OT409000
    90-883829 May 2001

My Mercury is OG802643
    Steve keep in mind a lot of Pros on this site contribute valuable information to us daily, they are valuable resources to us when we are in trouble. They do not get paid for this. Asking them to help identify your parts requirements and providing technical support is like a slap in the face when you go else where for purchases. They never will say what I just stated, they are much better than that, Kinda like I will buy steak at Walmart and ask a top chef at outback how to cook it or which cut to buy.
    Not criticizing you as most do not really realize this. I am not in the Marine business as I am a automotive Tech and I see this all the time, I know how it feels. Just trying to help offer a little understanding, I am not trying to make you feel bad. I have been guilty of this in the past and I should know better. Unless I am pressed for time and must buy locally I will use European Marine for parts. You cant expect them to provide support for internet business that will try to undermine them
    Please keep in mind most internet sites do not offer this kind of great support
    I hope I did not overstep in this post
    Last edited by lpugh; 12-13-2018 at 11:56 PM.
    Thank You Leon Pugh

11. Member
    My apologies for hurting feelings.
    If I could afford steak...I wouldn't be eating bologna.
    I work extremely hard for everything I have and respect anyone else that does also.
    I'll never stop looking for the most economical way to get what I want. I just don't have that luxury.
    I'll just lurk from now on....and Google my own questions.

Have a nice day
    1994 SWIFT boat 200-SDX
    1999 Mercury EFI 150

12. Member
    Blackwoodz, I don't think it was about hurting feelings. I am somewhat in the same boat as you however Don has the right to make the rules as he sees fit. As far as I know the rule about the "Bay" is just in the Mercury forums. So in the open Mercury forums we have to not mention certain sources. I don't think there is any prohibition in PMs.
    It is a small price for the wealth of information here.

13. Member
    The “bay” issue is also about parts being bought off bay type places not being OEM parts or not being sure they are OEM parts. Therefore, if the part is being used and someone here is helping to diagnose an issue, an unverified part is just another problem that can cause issues with the diagnosis. If the part is bought from an authorized Mercury dealer then the part should be the a good/right part. Makes diagnostics easier. What happened to you is the exact same thing that could happen with an actual part, a dealer would know what the correct part would be.
    Mercury 2002 200hp Carbed Saltwater
    OT566776
    2002 Cape Horn 22' Bay

14. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leonreno View Post
    The “bay” issue is also about parts being bought off bay type places not being OEM parts or not being sure they are OEM parts. Therefore, if the part is being used and someone here is helping to diagnose an issue, an unverified part is just another problem that can cause issues with the diagnosis. If the part is bought from an authorized Mercury dealer then the part should be the a good/right part. Makes diagnostics easier. What happened to you is the exact same thing that could happen with an actual part, a dealer would know what the correct part would be.
    +100

We're happy to assist where you purchase the correct parts through ANY Authorized Mercury Dealer. While we are always happy to assist folks with Parts, it's impractical for everyone to purchase parts from us. That being said, it's just not productive to buy the wrong items on the "bay" and then expect free support to help correct the "wrong" here.

Again- glad to help where we can, within reason.

15. Member
    Lol...it was an used oem manual.
    Its cool....I get it.
    Have a nice day.
    1994 SWIFT boat 200-SDX
    1999 Mercury EFI 150

16. Member
    Yep, and Don helped you with information so you could get the correct one based on your engine serial number. Good folks here willing to help others.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax