Is the echo map 93sv plus is live scope ready?

yay or nay?

yay
    "The Green Machine!"

1998 ProCraft 200 BASS
    1998 Mariner EFI 200 HP 2.5
    4 Blade Trophy 24P

3. Banned
    But you have to update the software.

4. Member
    ditto. very ready.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Member
    Will the Chirp 94sv also run Livescope

Must be 94SV Plus

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MonteSS View Post
    Must be 94SV Plus
    Thanks

Still thinking about getting one at that price.Really only want it for the chirp as I have a 1022xsv if I ever decide on a Livescope.

8. Member
    What is involved to get live scope-another transducer and black box? Is it fairly easy to update the software?

The 1022XSV is Chirp and Livescope compatible

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by creekchub View Post
    What is involved to get live scope-another transducer and black box? Is it fairly easy to update the software?
    You have to have a network port to plug them into. I don't know if you can run two at the same time. Probably if one was set to Down and the other to Forward. We need Todd to confirm that. I only have one LVS30-GLS10 setup. The software updates from the MFD update. You just put the card in the MFD for a normal update. The LVS has to be on and working before you do the update. Very easy. It will also update using the ActiveCaptain app from a cell phone.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    I don't know if you can run two at the same time. Probably if one was set to Down and the other to Forward. We need Todd to confirm that.
    Yes, you can run two Livescopes at the same time on one network, and they can be in any mode at the same time (both in Forward mode, or one in Down and one in Forward, etc.)
    Garmin Pro Team

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by creekchub View Post
    To get LiveScope on your 93sv PLUS unit, you will need to buy the $1400 transducer package that comes with the black box.
    2018 Ranger Z185
    Yamaha 150 SHO w/ Tempest 23P
    Ultrex 80 Link
    Helix 10MDI & 12MSI G2N at console
    Helix 10 M+DI G4N w/ M360 and Garmin 93 w/ LiveScope at bow
    Atlas Jackplate
    12' Talons

13. Banned
    Can the black box that comes with livescope be networked with two 93sv plus units?

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coachallen View Post
    Can the black box that comes with livescope be networked with two 93sv plus units?
    Yes, but since each 93sv only has 1 network port you'll need another box to get them all cabled up. Something like GMS10, GCV10, GCV20.
    For example. Each unit and the GLS10 livescope box can all be plugged into the GMS10. Then all your sonar will be shared.

15. Member
    Yes, but since each 93sv only has 1 network port you'll need another box to get them all cabled up. Something like GMS10, GCV10, GCV20.
    For example. Each unit and the GLS10 livescope box can all be plugged into the GMS10. Then all your sonar will be shared.
    So you need all 3 boxes to share side scan. Down view and pano?

16. Member
    If you have two 93sv Plus units, you don't need anything except the cable between them to share 2d, down, and side.
    If you add Panoptix PS22, you dont have anywhere to plug it. So you need something like a GMS10 and you plug them all into it.
    If instead of PS22 you get LiveScope that is a GLS10 box that has a LVS32 transducer connected to it. You still have to have a way to plug it into the unit(s). If you just plug it to one unit, that's okay, but if you want to share it between two units, now you back to buying a GMS10 to have somewhere to plug all three.

The short of it is, if you are only sharing what is on one unit with the other unit all you need is a cable. If what you want to share comes from somewhere else, you need the GMS10 for them all to plug in to.

17. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Never did a update just plug in and go very easy

18. Member
    If you have two 93sv Plus units, you don't need anything except the cable between them to share 2d, down, and side.
    If you add Panoptix PS22, you dont have anywhere to plug it. So you need something like a GMS10 and you plug them all into it.
    If instead of PS22 you get LiveScope that is a GLS10 box that has a LVS32 transducer connected to it. You still have to have a way to plug it into the unit(s). If you just plug it to one unit, that's okay, but if you want to share it between two units, now you back to buying a GMS10 to have somewhere to plug all three.

The short of it is, if you are only sharing what is on one unit with the other unit all you need is a cable. If what you want to share comes from somewhere else, you need the GMS10 for them all to plug in to.
    How do you know which box to use? GMS10, GCV10, GCV20?

My understanding is, Garmin is suppose to be the "easiest" to use, but they have so many damn modules, transducers,models and shit to figure out.

19. Member
    They do have a lot. That's market response. They are providing choices.
    Here is what I suggest you consider to make the choice.

Price - That would be GMS10. You can find them on ebay used for $100-150. There's one on ebay now for $28.15 but no power cord. New power cord will cost nearly this much.

Function:
    GCV20 is planning for future and intending to use the GT34UHD transducer for side and down at some point in the future. IMO this is a shallow water product. Super detail 40 ft to the sides. It has 3 network ports. So while it provides for some expansion, that expansion is limited to three units or two units and Panoptix/Livescope. These are new so they are selling at retail ~$400 without transdcuer and ~$600 with transducer.

GCV10 was designed to be used with the GT30 transducer for side and down and provide 3 network ports. This is the older box. Same limitations. Used units are selling for about $250. GT30 transducer is extra.

GMS10 has 5 network ports. The Panoptix/LiveScope connections are network connections. Retails for ~$250