tips requested for installing new graph on dash

I have searched and couldn't find any previous posts on the subject, so I need some help please. Brother is installing a new 7" carbon on the dash. He has a 2007 21 TRX. The carbon will take the current in hull transducer, so we don't want to pull that to use for a feeder cable, and the size of the transducer out back we can't feed from console to back of the boat, it has to go from back to front.

Couple of questions: 1. location of the total scan transducer mounted on the back of the boat and suggestions please? 2. Do you have to pull the keyswitch panel and small storage area to the right of the driver's seat to gain access to run wires? We pulled the windshield and the cover to get to the back of the current unit, looked in the driver's side rod locker to see if access down that side would work, not so much as there is a solid panel fiberglassed in that blocks almost all of that area.

I have an electrician's fish tape to help run the cable, but from the small boot under the driver's side that all the wiring goes into I have no way to guide the fish tape to eh back. Anyone that has done this before that has any suggestions would be appreciated. I told him he may have to see what the boat dealer would cahrge to install it, anything less the $150 I think would be worth it.

2. Member
    Some boats have a tube that was installed when the boat was built that is made to pull cable. Check for that first. Should be mixed in with the wiring in the rear compartment. I used a 12 foot fiberglass crappie jig pole to feed from rear to the console on my 2017 189. Mine had the tubing but they wire tied it in with the wiring so tight that I couldn’t pull the connector plug through.

3. Member
    My 2007 TR 196 has a rigging tube that begins just above the crankin battery and terminates just aft of the ignition switch/ horn/ radio panel (below shifter). Mine already had a rigging line to pull wires....and I added a second when I ran my LSS-2 cable. I don’t have a totalscan, but I fabricated a bracket for my LSS-2 that attaches it to the bottom right corner of my jackplate.
    Lightning 6
    2007 TR-196DC