Thread: power pedestal

power pedestal

Have any of you used the power pedestal with the kingpin from Springfield. I need a new one and I have 3/4" threaded. Springfield said it would work but would not lock in and when running remove it & lay it down to keep from blowing out. Just wondering if any of you have used this without problems.
    Thanks

2. Member
    Why don't you just get the threaded one

Have a good deal on kingpin ( non threaded), otherwise yeah, you're right.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tracer1 View Post
    Have a good deal on kingpin ( non threaded), otherwise yeah, you're right.
    That good deal will seam like a bad deal when it flies out and smacks you in the face running down the lake. I paid less than $50 bucks for my last pedestal acadamey had them on clearance

Well I wouldn't run 70+ mph ( which my boat will run easy) down the lake for one thing. Don't tournament fish so I'm in no hurry to get somewhere. Not one of the need for speed freaks like some. Can always lay it down if I had to run in an emergency. But I would lay it down anyway, would never trust it at any speed. Academy has the Swivel-Eze ( aka Attwood)
    which I don't care for. Anyway, have a friend that has this one. He had just ordered this one about a month ago, even has a new triton seat (stand up) on it but sold his boat & no longer needs it. Will sell it to me for $40. So for that price I think I can live with laying it down occasionally. I was just wondering if anyone had used them & had any problems. No big deal whichever way I go, just thought I would ask.