Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    No offense but your source isnt much. Sounds like a tool to me if he behaves that way. Typically those sort of peoples opinions are t worth to much but thats just another persons opinion i guess. Lol. Sorry but thag basically means nothing to me.
    You are 100% correct. And he does have a bad habit of opening his mouth when he doesn't know what he's talking about. He was not happy when I made him look a few things up on his phone using his data to prove him wrong. Normally I keep quiet unless I'm at least 99% sure of myself but do slip every now and again like in this thread. The one time I was around him he did spend a lot of time telling me my Tracker was a POS and I paid too much for it and BPS had them for $15000 right now (probably with the 40hp) and yada yada yada. I just assumed he had a clue after working for several tin boat companies and turning down a job at Tracker. I'd bet my next paycheck that he's worked for so many because he's such a tool to be around. People like him don't last long on my crew. We push those people out in a hurry. I'll take a lesser worker with a good attitude over a good worker who's a tool most of the time. At least I can usually mold the nice lesser worker into what I need them to be.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

My 2006 Tracker Grizzly 1860 is a tank. Not a single weld cracked yet and I beat the shit out of my boat.

The aluminum console I bought after the main boat purchase (from Tracker) is a different story. I have that thing held together with rivets, aluminum, nuts and bolts. I think every weld has cracked.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmc949 View Post
    Late 20s and knows all there is to known about welding?

Sounds like someone I would not like to work with.
    Guys like that last until around lunch time working with me. been in my trade 30+ years, no 20 something with that attitude lasts long with me.

4. Member
    Like I stated before, they all have good ones and bad ones. Tracker just seems to have more issues, mainly because there are so many of them being sold. A lot of their issues are because Bass Pro tries to retail sell them like they do fishing plugs and t-shirts and they are not properly rigged. That is the only boat dealer where you can walk into at 4:30 PM and order any boat and motor combo with all the accessories you want and they will have it ready for you before closing time that very night. When you are a technician or a rigger and your boss hands you a rigging order while you are walking to the time clock and gives you three hours to do a seven hour job, things get over looked. Not to mention that instead of giving you the three hours overtime, they want you to come in three hours late one of the next few days. Which is ever more convenient for them not you. I never worked at one of their manafacuring plants but I can imagine things like that happen there too.

5. Member
    That's why I elected to do all the rigging on the new boat. The boat is in and the dealer is doing the motor install and the hotfoot. That's all I ask him to do. I will install Altrex, three 9 carbons hatch lighting deck lighting, sonar hub and speakers. They were very happy about that as I de- rigged the old boat as I did all the rigging on that one and it was over kill to say the least on mounting and wiring. I have been we found boats for a while and doing it yourself you know what you have and how to keep it working the way it should. I know the Ranger dealer in my Town does good work but to have time do it they way I want would cost a bunch more money.
    2017 Pheonix 919, 225 SHO,

6. Member
    That's why I elected to do all the rigging on the new boat. The boat is in and the dealer is doing the motor install and the hotfoot. That's all I ask him to do. I will install Altrex, three 9 carbons hatch lighting deck lighting, sonar hub and speakers. They were very happy about that as I de- rigged the old boat as I did all the rigging on that one and it was over kill to say the least on mounting and wiring. I have been around boats for a while and doing it yourself you know what you have and how to keep it working the way it should. I know the Ranger dealer in my Town does good work but to have them do it they way I want would cost a bunch more money.
    2017 Pheonix 919, 225 SHO,

7. Member
    Another option: https://www.lundboats.com/boat-series/renegade/... and here are the dealers in your part of the world.....https://www.lundboats.com/find-a-dealer/

Thanks !

8. Member
    Sounds like to me he cant hold a job and is sore because he keeps getting fired and no one wants him. Probably for being a crappy welder, but of course its everyone else's fault.
    2009 Tracker PT190
    80lb Xi5
    Dual Power Poles
    6inch Plate
    HDS
    Stainless ComancheSteering wheel
    Stainless pop-up tiedowns
    Comanche Passenger rodholder
    Boat Buckle Rod Straps
    JBL Stereo with JBL10" Marine Sub.
    150 ProXS, 25 Trophy Plus, 72mph GPS (light), 24 Fury @68mph (heavy)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123